The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

You failed to answer mine.  I specifically said that anyone unvaccinated by choice is not worth wasting medical resources on, but these truckers are even worse and are actively trying to destroy our country.  Once again: Name one antivaxxer who this country would not be better off without. 

You are no better then the freedumb fighters with comments like this man. They are on one side of the spectrum saying they are losing their rights and freedumbs, And you are on the other saying they shouldn't have the rights to public services such as healthcare. 

Edited by -DLC-
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

Remember that Washington State Trooper who went off on an epic rant on his radio because he wouldn't get vaccinated so instead he quit his job of 22 years, all while filming himself? Yeah, well....

Yep, right to the grave, they'll deny their ignorance.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Russ said:

What goal post am I moving? I'm waiting for one that's going to target the current variant as opposed to the variants that are less and less common. Sorry I didn't look up the exact date of when it's coming to Canada, they say ready for March but might not get here until April, we've been behind USA for releases this far. 

I got my 2 shots, I'm willing to get a booster, I just don't think getting an outdated booster at this point is needed if they feel they have one coming out in a few months that's more effective against the modern variant. 

I don't have any issue with that, it's understandable.  Boosters do help, for sure, but two shots is still pretty decent protection I think.  I got mine because I was getting close to 8 months and I work in a very high exposure, high risk workplace

1 hour ago, Russ said:

What goal post am I moving? I'm waiting for one that's going to target the current variant as opposed to the variants that are less and less common. Sorry I didn't look up the exact date of when it's coming to Canada, they say ready for March but might not get here until April, we've been behind USA for releases this far. 

I got my 2 shots, I'm willing to get a booster, I just don't think getting an outdated booster at this point is needed if they feel they have one coming out in a few months that's more effective against the modern variant. 

don't you think its a better idea to just go off what the medical experts recommend? 

• Vintage 3

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Well, the idiots protesting in Ottawa have out their Confederate flags.  :picard:

I wonder what other alt-right flags are there? has anyone done a story on that yet? I bet there are all kinds of signals of white nationalism sprinkled in there. 

When you look at the people behind this "protest" its pretty disgusting what they promote. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

don't you think its a better idea to just go off what the medical experts recommend? 

Why listen t medical experts, when there’s urine to drink?  Don’t you know that chowing down on horse dewormer followed by a urine chaser is healthy?  

Just now, Alflives said:

Why listen t medical experts, when there’s urine to drink?  Don’t you know that chowing down on horse dewormer followed by a urine chaser is healthy?  

I'm more concerned for people deciding to "wait" for something better down the road. Its really unfortunate that there was a misleading pre- print of a paper suggesting the booster wasn't effective against the current variant, which turned out to be quite wrong. But the doubt got circulated anyway.

1 minute ago, Playoff Beered said:

I never said China is the world leader nation, you however, claimed the US is the leader nation which it is clearly not, this is backed up by facts from many sources. You also claim that the US has better covid policy than Canada, well the US has 2711 deaths per million, Canada has 876 deaths per million. If Canada followed the US model we would have more than 3 times the deaths in Canada. That would mean more than 70 000 more deaths than the 33 518 we have already lost. Pass indeed.  

bingo. All we've learned from the US is how not to do things. 

Oh and just how cold hearted conservatives are now. They just don't care about the increased deaths, its far more important to be unmasked in a WalMart. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

The WHO do say right now healthy people don't need them. I get your point but experts vary all over the place

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/18/who-says-theres-no-evidence-healthy-children-adolescents-need-covid-boosters.html

He said scientists may eventually redefine how many doses are required in the primary series of Covid shots. While most healthy people may need just two shots, he said the elderly or immunocompromised may need three or four

Edited by Russ

13 minutes ago, Playoff Beered said:

I never said China is the world leader nation, you however, claimed the US is the leader nation which it is clearly not, this is backed up by facts from many sources. You also claim that the US has better covid policy than Canada, well the US has 2711 deaths per million, Canada has 876 deaths per million. If Canada followed the US model we would have more than 3 times the deaths in Canada. That would mean more than 70 000 more deaths than the 33 518 we have already lost. Pass indeed.  

As far as nations capable of being world leader nations is concerned, it's either the US or China.  The metrics being missed in this little bash don't include the most important ones:  The economic ones.  The financial ones.  The US has built a substantial hegemony due to it's vast economic resources that other nations simply don't have.  And whether we like it or not, that hegemony absolutely envelopes Canada.  I mean we can bicker about all sorts of other stats to take a piece out of them for giggles, but that really is meaningless.

As far as US covid stats are concerned, well NY has had the same outcomes as Florida despite wildly-differing policy.  So maybe covid ultimately doesn't care about policy.  This seems like 1yr old or 2yr old points anyway, as by now omicron impacts us all quite equally and we're pretty much on our own to deal with it.  Regardless of policy.

Oh, and which nation were we ultimately dependent on for vaccines?

Okay...

Edited by TOMapleLaughs

7 minutes ago, TOMapleLaughs said:

As far as nations capable of being world leader nations is concerned, it's either the US or China.  The metrics being missed in this little bash don't include the most important ones:  The economic ones.  The financial ones.  The US has built a substantial hegemony due to it's vast economic resources that other nations simply don't have.  And whether we like it or not, that hegemony absolutely envelopes Canada.  I mean we can bicker about all sorts of other stats to take a piece out of them for giggles, but that really is meaningless.

As far as US covid stats are concerned, well NY has had the same outcomes as Florida despite wildly-differing policy.  So maybe covid ultimately doesn't care about policy.  This seems like 1yr old or 2yr old points anyway, as by now omicron impacts us all quite equally and we're pretty much on our own to deal with it.  Regardless of policy.

Oh, and which nation were we ultimately dependent on for vaccines?

Okay...

I trust Florida messing around with the actual numbers much like Pfizer mucking with the numbers to make them look better.

Anyhow:

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/26/instagram-posts/chart-comparing-new-york-and-florida-covid-19-flaw/

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

The WHO do say right now healthy people don't need them. I get your point but experts vary all over the place

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/18/who-says-theres-no-evidence-healthy-children-adolescents-need-covid-boosters.html

He said scientists may eventually redefine how many doses are required in the primary series of Covid shots. While most healthy people may need just two shots, he said the elderly or immunocompromised may need three or four

and your local health authority recommends that you do get one: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster

sure you can go forum shopping for the answer, but WHO doesn't have the local health information that the BCCDC does. 

• Vintage 1