The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, reyezone said:

Weak. What I’ve come to expect from these watchdogs. 

Many survivors of totalitarian regimes are speaking up. 

And many more survivors from totalitarian regimes are sickened by their suffering being trivialized.  In fact, measures such as conscription, rationing, and blackouts were used to help defeat Nazi Germany.  My grandfather came back from D-day with PTSD and my dad still remembers postwar rationing.  I'd love to see how these ten-ply morons would have handled that.

• Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Nothing to say about the strawmen comparing Canada to both Communist and Nazi Germany?  That trash isn't even worth the paper to print and wipe my arse with.

I agree on the butt wipe 

Yesterday was the international holocaust day of remembrance. At all levels of the Jewish community and the Canadian truck association has asked those making the comparisons to nazis and fascism to stop as they have nothing in common

If the alt right can't respect that then there is no value in debating or even listening to them 

Edited by iwtl
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, lucky_nucker said:

Nice nit pick, got anything else?

Be truthful though, did you even consider reading this article with an open mind?

Nit pick? Off by a factor of 10? :lol:

Question #2: I did, but when I saw the 50,000 trucks remark, it suggested to me that the rest of it was going to be BS. I kept on reading for a while, but all it did was confirm my suspicions....

• Cheers 1

So I heard from my daughter today that some idiot anit-vaxxer was in her store yelling in her face with a mega phone about mask tyranny. 

These people are just pigs. It makes me want to go full Ray Donovan on them.

Ray Donovan Baseball Bat GIF by Showtime

• Huggy Bear 4

33 minutes ago, iwtl said:

Not even in a delusional fantasy world

They tried this stolen valour at the centaph on remembrance day when a medal wearing vet told them its not the time or place and they shouted him down about this is for him

I support everyone's right to protest bu this is.no longer about vaccine issues .... this protest is very open about wanting to remove goverment.  It's not about freedoms.and never was

Funny and sad how this is never brought up again. 150 trucks show up in Ottawa, about their rights and freedumbs being taken away, yet they protest at many Remembrance Day Services. Morons, and sheep, to follow a Separatists agenda, and actually donate money to do it.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Magicwords said:

I agree 

Yesterday was the international holocaust day of remembrance. At all levels of the Jewish community and the Canadian truck association has asked those making the comparisons to nazis and fascism to stop as they have nothing in common

If the alt right can't respect that then there is no value in debating or even listening to them 

And this is how it’s done people. 
pay attention. 

19 minutes ago, JM_ said:

So I heard from my daughter today that some idiot anit-vaxxer was in her store yelling in her face with a mega phone about mask tyranny. 

Liv is a great actor.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 3

17 minutes ago, JM_ said:

"These people"... That's the problem... This guy that yelled at your daughter and YOU (in this state) are the problem.  Both emotional and acting out in extreme measures.  I understand you're angry that that &^@#er yelled and intimidated your daughter... I get it, I would be to... But 'those people' is just as wrong.  There are bad apples in both sides... But most of us are rational Canadians that have at times some varying beliefs and that's okay.

Regardless, I hope your daughters okay.  Give her a hug.

1 minute ago, Hogs & Podz said:

"These people"... That's the problem... This guy that yelled at your daughter and YOU (in this state) are the problem.  Both emotional and acting out in extreme measures.  I understand you're angry that that &^@#er yelled and intimidated your daughter... I get it, I would be to... But 'those people' is just as wrong.  There are bad apples in both sides... But most of us are rational Canadians that have at times some varying beliefs and that's okay.

Regardless, I hope your daughters okay.  Give her a hug.

The difference is that he's not going full Ray Donovan, while the truckers are certainly going [insert Tropic Thunder quote here].