The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

2 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Cabinet???

Pu$$ies...., I’ve isolated my whiskey stache straight into the tub. Gonna quarantine my self in the bath for 14 days. Saw it on the internet.

It’s science.

Look it up.

Dr Walker is that you?

Just now, Chris12345 said:

No Goenfiddich in the back?

It's ok but it's not something I stock frequently.  Full inventory comes at about 80 bottles or so though so I'm not typing it all out/looking up SMWS distillery codes.  Definitely saw more towards the peat bombs though.

18 minutes ago, Toews said:

Trump is a big part of this thread because of the way he has handled this virus. Trump should have let experts field questions while telling everyone that he was deferring his opinion on subjects that are out of his understanding. But he did not and as such he has brought this mockery onto himself. And this will continue because Donald Trump doesn't know when to shut his pie-hole, and only likes information if it supports his narrative. This thread will have no mention of the Orange Man if he &^@#ed off to Mar-A-Lago, spent all his time golfing till this crisis ended and stopped tweeting BS about the virus that makes people ingest fish tank cleaner. 

The 2 doctors Trump has to his press conferences sound pretty smart.

9 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

The 2 doctors Trump has to his press conferences sound pretty smart.

I hope so but to most viewers they are just a couple of faces that no one recognizes. Its Donald Trump that unfortunately gets all the headlines, coverage, etc. To some of his supporters he is pretty darn close to omnipotent. The advice of health care workers/experts is to be eschewed if the Supreme Leader commandeth so.

Edited by Toews

52 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Yea apparently the trump Haters have full run of the forum these days

Now even mods are participating @debluvscanuck

This is probably the most important topic made on this forum and yet that $&!# is getting away with day after day

What the &^@# is the point of the Donald Trump thread

Just a reminder we're Canadians 

The problem is we are a mouse living beside an elephant and when that elephant decides to roll over we better darn well be aware of it.:mad:

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

The surge is just getting started here in NYC. 

13 Deaths in a Day: An ‘Apocalyptic’ Coronavirus Surge at an N.Y.C. Hospital https://nyti.ms/3dspIbn

stay safe

stay strong

your city is in my thoughts

you have good leadership there it seems

hope your hospital system holds up

Edited by coastal.view
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

23 minutes ago, Toews said:

FWIW it was my comment there that was deleted because it was political and overtly so because that's how I had intended it. If you want to make a post about the misinformation that Trudeau has engaged in regarding this virus then it would be pertinent for this thread. But as far as I know Trudeau has ummed and ahhed while saying very little that wasn't rehearsed and read from a script. 

If only Donnie could read.:picard:

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Limiting it to a few of each type:

Canadian: Alberta Premium, Lot 40

Bourbon: Buffalo Trace, Bulleit, Van Winkle Lot B

Rye: Rittenhouse, Bulleit

Irish: Green Spot, Redbreask, Jamesoun Caskmates (Stout)

Campelltown:  Glen Scotia 15, Springbank 10

Islands: Talisker 10

Islay: Laphroaig QC, Ardbeg Corryvreckan, Lagavulin 16, Bruichladdich 10

Lowloands: Old Malt Cask Auchentoshan 19, Littlemill 21

Speyside: Glenlivet Nadurra 16, Benriach Latada 18, Glenfarclas 15, Hepburn's Choice Braeval 14

Highland: AD Rattray Glenallachie 8, Ballechin Sauturnes Cask, Clynleish 14

Blended : Cooper's choice 1972 Family Silver, JW Green, Compass Box Great King Street Glasgow Blend

U got some good ones in there  - Clynelish 14 and the Lagavulin 16 stand out for me.  The farclas 15 is pretty good.  None of those cost over 50 bucks in Japan. 

I would have thought most view Fauci down south like we view Bonnie Henry in BC. A calming voice of reason for the people to hear amongst a sea of politicians, many that can cause division by just opening their mouth. 

There is a lot of uncertainty at this time and all this talk about about Trump planning to open the economy up by easter is moot, he is  just hopeful (falsely? are we doomed?) that things will ease up soon, as I hope we all are to some degree. I know I am cautiously optimistic of a return to semi-normal life by late April-May but perhaps it is misplaced. 

Stressful times all around cause blame to be passed wherever possible. Lets all just get along :gocan:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

As much as I like to get my information from the random people on the internet, here is an opinion piece written by an expert.

Nobel laureate predicts US will have much faster coronavirus recovery than expected

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/489415-nobel-laureate-predicts-us-will-experience

i'm all in favour of optimism

i have copied a selection from this article

Levitt said he can see a better outcome in the U.S. than what has taken place in China, Italy or Iran, especially with social distancing measures in place. He said social-distancing mandates are critical in cutting the number of coronavirus cases.

it is not clear what he is referring to.  usa will pass china on friday for the world lead in confirmed cases.  i see no possibility that the confirmed cases in the usa will not soar to more then double the china numbers.  with that count it is truly hard to see how the death rate in the usa will not outpace the china death total by a fair bit.  once people have been infected the death total follows in a bit of a lock step fashion.  social distancing now does not remedy the present and soon to be increasing infection and related death numbers.  it impacts numbers a bit further out - a week or 2 down the road.  i see no outcome in the usa that will be better then china.  i really wish more detail would be provided.  i get it that this guy has credentials but the view set out in this quote seems impossible.  i am simply baffled how he can publish these views.