The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

1 hour ago, naslund.is.king said:

Yea apparently the trump Haters have full run of the forum these days

Now even mods are participating @debluvscanuck

This is probably the most important topic made on this forum and yet that $&!# is getting away with day after day

What the &^@# is the point of the Donald Trump thread

Just a reminder we're Canadians 

Yeah, people forget more than half the voters in the U.S. voted for DT and will again....why, because he is fighting against the machine, which is called globalization...the silent majority is remaining silent....those Dems will be surprised yet again. 

Edited by Pete M
  • Thanks 1
  • Wat 3

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Awesome yet another Trump thread

I kinda think all leadership should be fair game in here.

His is looking dodgy at best, don't you think? 

And considering he is running the super mighty USA, he will be under an even bigger microscope now that this mess is happening. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i'm all in favour of optimism

i have copied a selection from this article

Levitt said he can see a better outcome in the U.S. than what has taken place in China, Italy or Iran, especially with social distancing measures in place. He said social-distancing mandates are critical in cutting the number of coronavirus cases.

it is not clear what he is referring to.  usa will pass china on friday for the world lead in confirmed cases.  i see no possibility that the confirmed cases in the usa will not soar to more then double the china numbers.  with that count it is truly hard to see how the death rate in the usa will not outpace the china death total by a fair bit.  once people have been infected the death total follows in a bit of a lock step fashion.  social distancing now does not remedy the present and soon to be increasing infection and related death numbers.  it impacts numbers a bit further out - a week or 2 down the road.  i see no outcome in the usa that will be better then china.  i really wish more detail would be provided.  i get it that this guy has credentials but the view set out in this quote seems impossible.  i am simply baffled how he can publish these views.

TBH, I have not analyzed his article from the academic point of view.

In this sea of negativity and predictions of Great Depression, mass deaths, economic collapse etc. seeing different point of view is refreshing imo. 

16 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I would have thought most view Fauci down south like we view Bonnie Henry in BC. A calming voice of reason for the people to hear amongst a sea of politicians, many that can cause division by just opening their mouth. 

There is a lot of uncertainty at this time and all this talk about about Trump planning to open the economy up by easter is moot, he is  just hopeful (falsely? are we doomed?) that things will ease up soon, as I hope we all are to some degree. I know I am cautiously optimistic of a return to semi-normal life by late April-May but perhaps it is misplaced. 

Stressful times all around cause blame to be passed wherever possible. Lets all just get along :gocan:

&^@# yeah, Chicken. Hope the family is doing well. 

Although, I’m leaning more towards May. And a normal life might not be on the menu going forward for a few generations. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

And considering he is running the super mighty USA, he will be under an even bigger microscope now that this mess is happening. 

He’s only proving just how stupid Americans who elected him are. And then some. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Pretty dodgy, but the real leader culprit here is Xi

With these examples of people leading the super economies of the world things look bleak.

All seems to be according to plan for this guy, haven't heard a peep of hong kong protests since this began.

image.png.6a65a35816c9eb3db0ba1a99bc6f657c.png 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Virtanen#18 said:

Well... maybe you are right in your approach... it'll just take longer and risk having more ppl infected if we don't weed out as many and as quickly as possible.... maybe we don't need a lockdown after all seeing very few deaths compared to Italy/Spain.... 

You clearly don't understand what's going on. Why don't you read a couple pages?

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Only some apple crown royal i bought recently and a nicer glenmoranjie 

I like variety so also got beer, red wine vodka, gin, mezcal to mix things up. 

I think liquor stores will prob stay on the essential service list.. but Im ready

How is the Apple Crown Royal?  I was thinking of getting it in the next trip.

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Sure

26 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I hear ya on Hong Kong. these times are crazy, who knows what else might be happening while the world focuses on this

8 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

With these examples of people leading the super economies of the world things look bleak.

All seems to be according to plan for this guy, haven't heard a peep of hong kong protests since this began.

image.png.6a65a35816c9eb3db0ba1a99bc6f657c.png 

winnie the pooh GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

The only thing I want to know regarding him is that he said he wants people back out at Easter apparently. In  that country who gets the final say? I imagined State leadership could override his decisions?

23 minutes ago, Lionized27 said:

I've seen the reports as well.

Any idea if it's true or not?

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Limiting it to a few of each type:

Canadian: Alberta Premium, Lot 40

Bourbon: Buffalo Trace, Bulleit, Van Winkle Lot B

Rye: Rittenhouse, Bulleit

Irish: Green Spot, Redbreask, Jamesoun Caskmates (Stout)

Campelltown:  Glen Scotia 15, Springbank 10

Islands: Talisker 10

Islay: Laphroaig QC, Ardbeg Corryvreckan, Lagavulin 16, Bruichladdich 10

Lowloands: Old Malt Cask Auchentoshan 19, Littlemill 21

Speyside: Glenlivet Nadurra 16, Benriach Latada 18, Glenfarclas 15, Hepburn's Choice Braeval 14

Highland: AD Rattray Glenallachie 8, Ballechin Sauturnes Cask, Clynleish 14

Blended : Cooper's choice 1972 Family Silver, JW Green, Compass Box Great King Street Glasgow Blend

Holy!!!

Drinking party at King Heffy!!!!

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

Crown Royal Harvest Rye

Bulleit Bourbon

Macallan 12 year

I remember when that was all the rage and liquor stores were jacking up the price and even people who don't like whiskey were buying it up. 

• Upvote 1