The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

6 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Speaking of booze, I don’t drink but for some reason friends always get me alcohol.

Pantry is stuffed with fine wine, cognac, grey goose, kettel one, whiskey, patron etc.

Plus a wide selection of brandies from the old country.

This brandy stuff could be used as a Molotov cocktail in case of zombie apocalypse.

Hold on to them and barter for TP. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, wloutet said:

I'm thinking, millions in the Americas at 1491 CE. Suddenly, Europeans arrive, bringing with them new epidemics. Within about 20 years, 90% of the Americans are dead. Now that is an epidemic.

True.

Humans cannot survive without a very hardy immune system.

3 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

Yes I know this is not directly related but let's share some fun....

In preparation for a full lockdown your whisky cabinet contains what?

Whilst everyone else was stocking up on toilet paper and sanitary hand wipes....... yours truly was at the LCB. Think I’ll be able to ride this one out.  

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, Toews said:

Trump is a big part of this thread because of the way he has handled this virus. Trump should have let experts field questions while telling everyone that he was deferring his opinion on subjects that are out of his understanding. But he did not and as such he has brought this mockery onto himself. And this will continue because Donald Trump doesn't know when to shut his pie-hole, and only likes information if it supports his narrative. This thread will have no mention of the Orange Man if he &^@#ed off to Mar-A-Lago, spent all his time golfing till this crisis ended and stopped tweeting BS about the virus that makes people ingest fish tank cleaner. 

Precisely. A good manager hires great people and let’s them do their jobs, while staying the hell out of the way.

Trump’s words and actions are profoundly influencing the spread of the virus in the USA. 
Since we can’t just build a wall to keep this out of Canada, it will have affect us here in Canada as well. 

My wife recently returned from the US and now I’m stuck in my room with a fever and huge headache. I’m sure that everything will be fine, but this effing virus has planted the seeds of doubt in all of us.

Maybe it’s unfair, but every time I see Trump on the news, I just can’t get past thinking I kind thoughts about his handling of this serious issue. 

He wants me to remember ......  China Virus.

He still has a great opportunity to make this right. l’m just not convinced that he is driving the bus in the right direction. 

Since there is such a strong connection between Trump and the course that this virus will take, its inevitable that his name will come up from time to time on this thread.

• Like 1

Trudeau should have closed the borders way sooner like the country's that aren't having a huge problem with it. Pretty dumb leaders to let this spread, they warned every one but fail to close the borders and mandatory quarantine people coming off the planes. Trump is getting all the attention but we have a stupid leader too.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Limiting it to a few of each type:

Canadian: Alberta Premium, Lot 40

Bourbon: Buffalo Trace, Bulleit, Van Winkle Lot B

Rye: Rittenhouse, Bulleit

Irish: Green Spot, Redbreask, Jamesoun Caskmates (Stout)

Campelltown:  Glen Scotia 15, Springbank 10

Islands: Talisker 10

Islay: Laphroaig QC, Ardbeg Corryvreckan, Lagavulin 16, Bruichladdich 10

Lowloands: Old Malt Cask Auchentoshan 19, Littlemill 21

Speyside: Glenlivet Nadurra 16, Benriach Latada 18, Glenfarclas 15, Hepburn's Choice Braeval 14

Highland: AD Rattray Glenallachie 8, Ballechin Sauturnes Cask, Clynleish 14

Blended : Cooper's choice 1972 Family Silver, JW Green, Compass Box Great King Street Glasgow Blend

Legendary! Attaboy King. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Precisely. A good manager hires great people and let’s them do their jobs, while staying the hell out of the way.

Trump’s words and actions are profoundly influencing the spread of the virus in the USA. 
Since we can’t just build a wall to keep this out of Canada, it will have affect us here in Canada as well. 

My wife recently returned from the US and now I’m stuck in my room with a fever and huge headache. I’m sure that everything will be fine, but this effing virus has planted the seeds of doubt in all of us.

Maybe it’s unfair, but every time I see Trump on the news, I just can’t get past thinking I kind thoughts about his handling of this serious issue. 

He wants me to remember ......  China Virus.

He still has a great opportunity to make this right. l’m just not convinced that he is driving the bus in the right direction. 

Since there is such a strong connection between Trump and the course that this virus will take, its inevitable that his name will come up from time to time on this thread.

Hope she's in a two week quarantine too. This is exactly how it's spreading, people bringing it up from the states. Why are people still travelling back and forth there?

• Wat 1

13 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Hope she's in a two week quarantine too. This is exactly how it's spreading, people bringing it up from the states. Why are people still travelling back and forth there?

Don't be a schmuck. Obviously she wanted to get home to Canada.

• Cheers 3

11 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

She went there before the virus was an issue. Not going back and forth during the virus. I picked her up at the airport and moved her into our basement suite.

We’re both quarantined right now, hopefully riding it out. 
At any rate, here’s hoping that everyone does the right thing.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, PistolPete13 said:

She went there before the virus was an issue. Not going back and forth during the virus. I picked her up at the airport and moved her into our basement suite.

We’re both quarantined right now, hopefully riding it out. 
At any rate, here’s hoping that everyone does the right thing.

80% of cases are minor. I am quite sure you will both get through it (neither of you may have it).

Good luck bro!

Edit: oops...i typed neither of you may.....then noticed I meant neither of you may have it......big difference lol....sorry!

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Russ said:

Going to be interesting to see how they enforce it.  Its one thing to say its "mandatory" and one thing for people to follow through it as mandatory.

Here in Australia, its been 7 or 9 days since mandatory quarantine on re-arrival in the Country came in to play.

They have hired 500 extra police in one state. Specifically to police compliance. Included, you sign in with Faace time as you clear customs. These officers are dace timing all returnee's, to see if they are at home. If they dont answer? They go visit. Fines are tens of thousands.

Someone told me, a complete lockdown, in China, they jusst shot people in the streets?