The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Coronavirus outbreak

CBH1926

8 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Thanks for the info stawns, maybe I will watch it, I'm a huge animal lover.

My bud told me to watch 'Biggest Little Farm' which I did.....ugh, lots of animal suffering due to ambitious, yet unqualified dreamers trying to do a perfect natural balance farm while also trying to be a productive business. 

Not a 'bad' show though.

It's not easy to watch and it does come off as trash tv.......if you take it that way 

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Unfortunately , through sheer boredom, I watched the Tiger guy series on Netflix and after watching the actions of those involved in the program(All of them, not just the tiger guy), seeing Trumps actions and seeing what news casts shows on Fox and CNN, I can clearly see what the US's true colors are.

People are throwing out there values, ethics and morals for their own personal gain. 

People will stoop to "no end" to get what they want. Its truly sad to see to watch people hoard TP and buy and try to sell "Life saving equipment" at outrageous prices for profit its sickening. I truly am ashamed today of being a human being and being a part of the human race. 

Trump has made it a priority for the private sector to lead the supply of the "Life Saving Equipment".  It's win/win/win/win for him.

A.  He doesn't have to do much 

B.  In his mind whoever needs it the most will pay the most, that way people won't lie and say they need more than they truly do! (I hope we can all see the fallacy in that)

C. You call it price gouging, Trump will call it entrepreneurial ingenuity that will bring prosperity to smart people (once again, I hope we can all see the fallacy in that)

D.  The price gouging will lead to the under funding of other public sectors = opportunity for more private entrepreneurship!

It seems that the longer this has gone on, the less Trump is taking charge.  IMO, I think it's mainly because he's getting overwhelmed with the situation.  I also think this is what the Tea Party faction (which is primarily in control) wants out of government.  And that's to take a step back and let the Private Sector be in control of the response because they FERVENTLY believe that the Private Sector can do EVERYTHING way more efficiently than the public sector every can on its best day.

4 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

I wonder the same for Canada...

1 million citizens coming home, for starters. Known cases another. But when we did decide to act, particularly in BC, we've done a good job. 

Its also unprecedented. I don't think anyone really had the mindset to follow all the rules we are now. Would we really have all conformed to the current rules back in January? do we shut off the border completely back then? shut down the economy in January? I just don't see it. 

I think a fair assessment is Canada acted about 3 weeks too late to bring in very strict measures. But I'm not sure how we could have got us all working collectively (well most of us) any sooner.

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1

Two things I wanted to comment on - I read Fire and Fury by Michael Wolff when it came out and after watching Trump running the country I fear a lot of what Michael said n his book is true. Trump does what Trump wants and doesn't listen to anyone - which would explain the current situation down there

The second thing is the best Scotch hands down is OP!!!! ...........OP=other people's :D

Seriously not a huge scotch drink - I am a huge Rum fan - currently mt two favs are Bumbu XO - fell in love with it when I stumbled across it when working in Winnipeg and a gift from my kids for my 50th birthday last year - El Dorado 21 yr old reserve - fantastic sipping rum.

Back to scotch I have always been a fan of Aberlour 12 yr old

4 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Trump has made it a priority for the private sector to lead the supply of the "Life Saving Equipment".  It's win/win/win/win for him.

A.  He doesn't have to do much 

B.  In his mind whoever needs it the most will pay the most, that way people won't lie and say they need more than they truly do! (I hope we can all see the fallacy in that)

C. You call it price gouging, Trump will call it entrepreneurial ingenuity that will bring prosperity to smart people (once again, I hope we can all see the fallacy in that)

D.  The price gouging will lead to the under funding of other public sectors = opportunity for more private entrepreneurship!

It seems that the longer this has gone on, the less Trump is taking charge.  IMO, I think it's mainly because he's getting overwhelmed with the situation.  I also think this is what the Tea Party faction (which is primarily in control) wants out of government.  And that's to take a step back and let the Private Sector be in control of the response because they FERVENTLY believe that the Private Sector can do EVERYTHING way more efficiently than the public sector every can on its best day.

Some are born leaders some are not, I keep saying adversity brings out peoples true colors. Its very obvious to see Trump is not a born leader. He looks uncomfortable and appears not sure of what he is supposed to say most days. When he really gets pushed , he resorts to his go too of trying to ridicule people and blame others to deflect away from himself. He's a business man ,plain and simple, and I am not sure he is good one at that. ::D

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

They were exposed for it.

That's how I'm reading about it here on CDC. I heard about the Italian hospital too..

It has also been pointed out that stock footage gets mixed up all the time. I see it plenty on local news.

Are you under the impression that all MSM are just lousy at their jobs? or that they have an agenda?...or do you?

IMO most thinking people get their info from multiple sources.

Edit:  I didn't read your other post until I responded to this one. You do think MSM has an agenda(s)...

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/04/09/cbs-news-caught-broadcasting-fake-hospital-footage-second-time/

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Some are born leaders some are not, I keep saying adversity brings out peoples true colors. Its very obvious to see Trump is not a born leader. He looks uncomfortable and appears not sure of what he is supposed to say most days. When he really gets pushed , he resorts to his go too of trying to ridicule people and blame others to deflect away from himself. He's a business man ,plain and simple, and I am not sure he is good one at that. ::D

True story.

In grade 6 there was a kid. Loud and dumb. His mom used to send him to school with about 20 full sized chocolate bars to give out. To bribe friends. This was back when chocolate bars were something you got once in a while so it set the class into a frenzy when he would hand them out.

He would pick and choose who got them. He got high on his horse and treated the wrong kid really meanly, insults about how poor he was. He got his ass whooped and he deserved it. Yet, the class turned on the kid that had beat him up. They had gotten used to the hands out and didn't care what was wrong or right.

Just now, stawns said:

Jesus Holy Christ, you're using Breitbart as a source?

yes , best to ignore all info inside because it comes from the other side of the fence.  That's how you have an informed position, always only look at one side of the coin, that way you can't get fooled by propaganda

don't even read it, just start dismissing anything from sources "not approved" to the borg collective

• Cheers 1

Just now, 4thLineGrinder said:

its fake news though because brietbart said it

You're getting the convo twisted.

The Boudrais guy already mentioned the footage being used twice. Nobody challenged that. 

I didn't say anything about Brietbart, but I agree with youB)

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, stawns said:

bobs burgers grasping at straws GIF

Im happy with the mentality we have taken for the past month but I got laughed at in this thread for questioning why travel from China was still flowing

free around over a month ago iirc. from my view, and others, clearly the directives from the world health organization early on were a contributing factor to our, and others, delayed response. And related to the nikki haley quote if taiwan did have evidence of human to human transmission earlier on dec 30 then why would the who later come out and announce no evidence of such? I don't feel I am grasping at a conspiracy here just trying to understand the timeline to date

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its a knock-off sweater so it doesn't count. 

Man some people are just pigs. But this is always why I use my keys to push elevator buttons. 

That's an insult to pigs.  ;)

Also...wonder if it's OUR Marie Hui?  <3 her.

• Haha 1

Looks like it's going to get worse in the USA.  Trump said it's the biggest decision he has to make on when to open the Country for back to work.  Supposedly May 1st.  The metrics he's using is his brain.

The USA is f*****.

• Vintage 2

11 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

yes , best to ignore all info inside because it comes from the other side of the fence.  That's how you have an informed position, always only look at one side of the coin, that way you can't get fooled by propaganda

don't even read it, just start dismissing anything from sources "not approved" to the borg collective

Information from credible sources should always be considered.  Calling Breitbart propoganda is an insult to propoganda.

• Cheers 2