The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

13 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

But in the worst case scenario, he has bought into some fringe anti-vaxxer theory that tells him he would be putting his daughter more at risk if he got vaccinated (yes, there are people out there who believe that kind of thing!).  In this case, his response would undoubtedly be that he is putting his daughter's health above everything, including his pay cheque and his NHL career, and some people would call him a hero.

This is the narrative I believe is most likely.

Still sucks for our team and sucks even more that he would be basing this decision on false information, but at least if he was doing it as a noble gesture I wouldn't be waiting to form my negative opinion of him.

Benning

He is still dealing with a personal matter, When he gets in, he can start skating and join us

He signed a contract and isn't at least skating while being paid?

Doesn't sound like a guy coming back anytime soon

Hamonic has his personal matters

Benning has his matters to address with fielding a team

Hamonic cleared waivers and now aware that only the Canucks are interested in him and his contract and situation

This is a situation the team didn't cause or are responsible for, so best to suspend and move on from

This team does not need anymore drama or distractions as it has had enough of that

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Geez, JB was having a great off-season and deserves better than this.  When a contract is signed, a mutual understanding is in place that both sides will fulfill their side of the bargain.  Between him and OJ not showing up ready to take the next step is a tough pill to swallow when the rest of the stars are aligning.  Part of the business I guess but let's hope for a minor miracle in finding that diamond in the rough on the right side.

Time to revive the Tryamkin thread. 

:bigblush: 

Edited by Sedinyoureyesontheprize
  • Wat 1

After watching Benning speak today I get the impression that Hamonic's absence is supported by the Canucks. Jim said something along the lines of "personal matters means it something significant and isn't what you guys (read media) think it is". He essentially insinuated that the media has got it wrong and it is more than just being anti-vax.

I think we should probably chill on the whole suspend him without pay talk until we know what's up.

Edited by I.Am.Ironman

Frankly it's not good that Harmonic has a child with health issues, however, he had those problems when he was with Calgary, this is not any thing new, he declined the play-offs. Both parties new of the predicament but it seems like one party was not telling the truth? The NHL had made it clear what covid rules would apply, no secret there and yet JB was I guess mislead or dreaming. Frankly they were tied by the Cap with only Harmonic being within the budget constraints. Now here we are the begining of the season and  we're a genuine D'man down. It's not good enough, this is bad planning. If you owned the club how would you view this. Sure it's nice to be nice but this is a business and you must be thinking success first and fore most or you become an also ran. Harmonic is the only one that knows what he was thinking when he signed, maybe his agent. I'd guess other GM's are laughing

Edited by Fred65
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Just for the record, Hamonic signed July 28th........... the NHL Covid protocols were released on September 2nd

Come on man you didn't need to be a swammi to fore see what was coming down the line. I'm sure both th NHL and the PA were involved long before the annoucement. Both Harmonic and JB would be appraised of the what would be agreed to, sorry I don't buy that. Any agent worth his salt understood. And to be honest Harmonic does have prior history. He might be better than say Ceci (Oilers) but Ceci is playing and we may never see Harmonic

• RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

And not wanting to reignite the debate, but Seattle is down 5 players to Covid (all vaccinated) ......

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/kraken-place-five-players-covid-19-protocol-eve-opener/

Who cares? being over come by Covid is an accident .... unforeseeable. Harmonic we new the problem in advance, he's had this concern going back years with his child, frankly he's an disaster waining to happen. If it came down to child or hockey Harmonic new what his decission would be. Personally I think thats deception, maybe fraud

• RoughGame 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

image.png.222000df97d5d38a255951d9a0568a1a.png

Sure that's no problem, but drawing a salary which he can't fulfill and maybe spoiling another players opportunity is not good. The Oilers signed Ceci for $250 k more. Harmonic may be marginally the better player but not when he's sitting at home

• RoughGame 1

4 hours ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Benning

He is still dealing with a personal matter, When he gets in, he can start skating and join us

He signed a contract and isn't at least skating while being paid?

Doesn't sound like a guy coming back anytime soon

Hamonic has his personal matters

Benning has his matters to address with fielding a team

Hamonic cleared waivers and now aware that only the Canucks are interested in him and his contract and situation

This is a situation the team didn't cause or are responsible for, so best to suspend and move on from

This team does not need anymore drama or distractions as it has had enough of that

They're supporting him, not suspending him, imo

25 minutes ago, stawns said:

They're supporting him, not suspending him, imo

thats pretty clear, Jims clearly doing what he can and is hoping to see him back. Jim's comments today were pretty concerning tho, geez I hope Hamonics kid is OK.

• Vintage 1