The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

E60: Travis Hamonic - In the Name of the Father (TSN Feature)

After every home game New York Islanders defensemen Travis Hamonic returns to his locker to do something far more important than anything he will ever do on the ice. He sheds his tough guy persona and welcomes a child he has never met.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Thanks 2

On 10/18/2021 at 3:00 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

True, but if you read most of their actual statements, they are still being very careful with their wording.

And there’s more than enough in Benning’s direct quotes to support that line of reporting, and still stay on the right side legally and ethically.

Honestly, I’ve been more surprised by the restraint shown by the local media, when it comes to this story.

Maybe they know something we don't know.........

9 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Travis Hamonic Helps Boy Cope With Father's Death

CBC News: The National March 30, 2015

NHL player Travis Hamonic's father died when he was 10 years old. Now, he's helping comfort a boy who has lost his own dad.

There is much more to this story that fans aren’t aware of. Hamonic deserves whatever is necessary to ensure his and his families well being. His actions speak louder than anything else could. Character fellow. I wish him well. 

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 2

3 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

If true man he would be a huge boost to have back in the lineup soon. I like Burroughs though in what he has done with his time here.

Burroughs has looked really good... Hamonic is a bit more physical but I'd really hate to lose Burroughs on waivers, he'd get picked for sure based on his start here.

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Burroughs has looked really good... Hamonic is a bit more physical but I'd really hate to lose Burroughs on waivers, he'd get picked for sure based on his start here.

Keep Burroughs; send down Hunt or Schenn.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I don't mind waiving Hunt. Schenn and Burroughs are a nice 7/8 until injuries occur, both righties though.

11 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I would send down one of our 7/8 guys in Schenn/Hunt (probably Hunt). I'd assume that either Hamonic or Poolman would play with Hughes and I'd be interested to try the other one of those two with Rathbone.

That said, I feel like Burroughs has been better than Rathbone so far, so that might provide a conundrum.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, J-P said:

I don't mind waiving Hunt. Schenn and Burroughs are a nice 7/8 until injuries occur, both righties though.

yeah that was my concern, Green loves his guys having the same stick side.... it should be Schenn, I'd be OK with losing him tbh, he doesn't look like pre-cup Schenn.

1 minute ago, -AJ- said:

I would send down one of our 7/8 guys in Schenn/Hunt (probably Hunt). I'd assume that either Hamonic or Poolman would play with Hughes and I'd be interested to try the other one of those two with Rathbone.

That said, I feel like Burroughs has been better than Rathbone so far, so that might provide a conundrum.

I like Rathbone much better than Hunt, and he is learning. Schenn might as well be in Abby its not like he's going to get any time, and we're at home for a long time too. 

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

I like Rathbone much better than Hunt, and he is learning. Schenn might as well be in Abby its not like he's going to get any time, and we're at home for a long time too. 

I think Schenn as well.  I don't think he gets picked up due to his 2yr contract.  He would probably improve his game in Abby and would be available to come back to the Nucks if/when needed.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

What do you think the bottom would look like with Hamonic? If Rathbone plays, do we scratch Burroughs as our 7th and have Hunt then as our 8th? I'm not sure I'd scratch Burroughs, but maybe that's what we do.

14 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

What do you think the bottom would look like with Hamonic? If Rathbone plays, do we scratch Burroughs as our 7th and have Hunt then as our 8th? I'm not sure I'd scratch Burroughs, but maybe that's what we do.

I guess thats the option? its sort of too bad, but depth is nice too. 

26 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I think Schenn as well.  I don't think he gets picked up due to his 2yr contract.  He would probably improve his game in Abby and would be available to come back to the Nucks if/when needed.

yup thats what I was thinking, the 2 year deal makes him very unlikely to be picked up. 

14 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Not sure how you move either Myers or Poolman from where they have been playing. Hamonic in with Rathbone and Burroughs out probably makes the most sense.

We have some flexibility here with Hamonic back. He looked good with Hughes late last season, so we can do Hughes-Hamonic and move Poolman down with Rathbone. Or we can just put Hamonic with Rathbone and see how that pairing works.

This gives me a lot more confidence with the group with Hamonic back, not gonna lie. We have too many offensive minded defemseman on the team and we need these defensive defenseman covering for them.