The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Travis Hamonic l #27 l D

-DLC-

I'm assuming that since Hamonic passed through waivers at the start of the season, that if he's in Vancouver and ready to start prepping, we can assign him to Abbotsford without even terming it as a short term conditioning stint. We could send him there for a couple of weeks or more, to get himself sharp again.

11 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So what kind of juggling are they going to have to do, so that Hamonic fits under the cap? Or do we have enough on LTIR? 

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

Watch CDC go all kinds of crazy when this happens. I was of the opinion that he would have fit regardless, no?

We currently have an available LTIR pool of $2.7mil. Waiving the player Hamonic is replacing will bring our cap space up to a minimum of $3.45 million. Pleanty of room for Hamonic.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, MattJVD said:

We currently have an available LTIR pool of $2.7mil. Waiving the player Hamonic is replacing will bring our cap space up to a minimum of $3.45 million. Pleanty of room for Hamonic.

That's before Dowling went on IR and Bailey got recalled - CapFriendly doesn't have the transaction yet.  Unless a player comes off IR, they'll need to demote 2 players to activate Hamonic.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mll said:

That's before Dowling went on IR and Bailey got recalled - CapFriendly doesn't have the transaction yet.  Unless a player comes off IR, they'll need to demote 2 players to activate Hamonic.

Oh yeah, goos point. I wasn't counting Bailey. I wonder if it'll be more than a game or two for Dowling?

Edited by MattJVD

Just now, MattJVD said:

Oh yeah, goos point. I wasn't counting Bailey. I wonder if it'll be more than a game or two for Dowling?

It's at least 2 games as he went on IR retroactively to Saturday 23rd and IR is at least 7 days.   He'll miss at least also the Flyers game on Thursday.

Adding Bailey leaves them with 1.95M in cap space.  

21 minutes ago, mll said:

Is there a sense Hamonic will play soon? I have not been paying attention, has he reported to Abbotsford?

9 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Is there a sense Hamonic will play soon? I have not been paying attention, has he reported to Abbotsford?

He's expected there shortly per media but CapFriendly doesn't have him activated yet.  Once he reports, he will no longer be on unpaid leave and his 1.875M in the AHL (as he was waived) will be back on the books.  When they are ready to recall him they'll need to find the additional 1.125M to bring him up to the main roster.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mll said:

Perfect.  See you Chiasson and Hunt.  It was nice knowing you guys (not)...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Radio guys saying Travis is in Vancouver and heading to Abby to play there until he’s at game speed.  

Makes sense.  My guess is 3 games before he is called up so some time mid or late next week?  Could be longer of course, but I assume the team would prefer to have him up as soon as possible.

As well as Burroughs has played, Myers, Hamonic and Poolman is a preferable nightly RHD crew.  Would allow for more even minutes among the RHD.

• Vintage 1