The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Podz is one of those players with an engine that doesn't stop, kind of like Motte, he's a player who will do whatever he can to help his team 

If that entails playing physical, he's certainly capable of it

Sure. He is capable of it. That was not what I was saying. He does not go out there looking for the big hit. I will bet you will not find many of those clips but saw that one and decided that is his play style.

• Wat 1

Benning has been talking about Chatfield for years now it seems. Whenever he hand picked a few players to name in interviews Chatfields name would come up. Cool to see that come full circle. Never got the hype of some of the other prospects. I really liked what I saw out of him tonight. It’s only one game but looks like he has a future in the nhl 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

He may not be a banger, but go look in his thread of a hit he threw. Rock solid. The boy can play.

I agree. The person I quoted wrote like that was what he brought to the rink. He can do it but he doesn't do it every night. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Sure. He is capable of it. That was not what I was saying. He does not go out there looking for the big hit. I will bet you will not find many of those clips but saw that one and decided that is his play style.

Nobody is saying or stating that is his style. But clearly, he has the physicality and the ability. They were simply showing a great hit from his most recent game. 

• Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Benning has been talking about Chatfield for years now it seems. Whenever he hand picked a few players to name in interviews Chatfields name would come up. Cool to see that come full circle. Never got the hype of some of the other prospects. I really liked what I saw out of him tonight. It’s only one game but looks like he has a future in the nhl 

He closed gaps/had quick feet most of the game (except for MTLs third goal). Was strong on the puck. Good first game.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Locke Lamora said:

I’m mentally done....but quickly...

Hughes needs to tighten up his defensive game.

EP still struggling ...but I’m seeing signs he is coming out of it.

Chatfield....easily showed enough that he deserves a spot in the top 6

Boeser and Bo are in the groove.

Beagle and Motte’s energy is incredible.

Is Roussel still on the team?

Virt threw some nice hits that had the boards shaking. But some of his decisions with the puck...especially in OT made me want to pull my beard out.

Goaltending....I have concerns. 

Most importantly it’s A WIN.

For Virt, I think he is playing a bit too safe in OT as he finally has a chance to go out so he doesn't want to screw it up and do anything too risky.

35 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Podz is one of those players with an engine that doesn't stop, kind of like Motte, he's a player who will do whatever he can to help his team 

If that entails playing physical, he's certainly capable of it

image.png

Courtesy of @debluvscanucks in the Podz thread. Very fun to see him here with Datsyuk. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Stech said:

I honestly thought chatfield looked pretty steady out there. Especially with edler out. Maybe it’s just the flow but I got a bit of young tanev vibes 

I like the fact that he's physical and finished his checks. hopefully it rubs on the rest of our Dmen. 

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

Canucks played the most games. They are actually doing worse than what the standings show 

Also 4 of their 5 away from home with probably the worst schedule of any team to start the year with Miller missing the first 3 games, and Pettersson yet to go on a roll.  We should be fine as long as we can keep it close to .500 for now.

• Cheers 2

43 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Sure, he's no Torres, but having one guy on a team who teams have to keep an eye out for isn't enough. My point is that Podz can play a physical brand of hockey, he's got the build for it and he's shown that he's capable of it. Horvat isn't a Torres type player either, but he can absolutely run a guy over. You need multiple guys on a team who can play that way when a game gets chippy, and having Podz in the lineup down the road will give us another guy who can. Podz likely won't put up the hit numbers Motte does, but we didn't draft him to play that role and that's not what the expectation is likely to be for him, but having another potential top six guy who can bang gives helps add another dimension to our team. One that you absolutely need come playoff time. 

• Cheers 2