The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

26 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

Stylistically he's very similar to Bieska. What are you talking about? I'm not saying he's as good as Bieksa, but he plays the same game. Who would you compare his game to? 

I see him more like Tanev than Bieksa - for a couple reasons - first being his mentality (quick-aggressive play reader with very good anticipation) - and the kind of mobility he has (Bieksa was a pretty good north to south skater- but I see Chatfield's skating - lateral movement / pivoting-edging being more like Tanev's) - with a similar willingness to take the hit one-mindedness to moving the puck.  I also don't expect Bieksa's upside from Chatfield - I think Chatfield will play a role more like Tanev's than Bieksa's.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Darius said:

I was thinking the same.  A few more quiet games from him and I betcha we r gonna see some “let’s trade him comments”. 

Yup and if it were up to some people, Boeser would have been traded by now. These are young players and are gonna be just fine

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Charfield is nothing like Tanev or Bieksa.  He could be a good number 5 or 6 though.

I don't think the 'comparisons' are about attempting to equate Chatfield - who has played one NHL game - with top 4 guys that were borderline top pairing - it's more about the type/style of game he plays.

38 minutes ago, Davathor said:

You mean instead of Hamonic?

What was up with Hamonic today? Someone go tell him to put on his helmet. 

He was single handedly responsible for 2 goals tonight... 

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. 

Chatfield, what a first game. Steady back there I thought. 

2 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Horvat you clutch MF.  Hon. Mention to BB

Loved Horvat’s game, tonight.

I did not like Hughes’ game, 2 assists, but minus 4??? He is an exciting guy, but man, he needs to learn to play defence. Not having Tanev with him really reveals his shortcomings. People seem to miss that Tanev was a very smart, mobile guy who covered up a lot of mistakes that his partners’ made.

Hughes 5 points in five games and -5. He needs to be partnered with someone who is smart enough to read his play and who is agile enough to adjust on the go - Rafferty.

Just now, oldnews said:

Need at least one of Edler and Hamonic to be ok.

Losing both of them - would be very difficult to manage.  Probably looking at a pair of rookies and a sophomore if that were the case.

Might have to go out and sign Hainsey....

I didn't see the Hamonic injury. That could be very bad if both AE and TH out.

Hughes Myers 

Schmidt Chatfield

Juolevi Benn

???

• Cheers 1