The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens | January 20, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | ESPN+, SNP, TSN2, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

11 minutes ago, Darius said:

Watch the replay. All three mtl forwards were in their own zone.  Miller was to his left and a Canuck player was coming off the bench.  He had a decent game , just didn’t expect him to hand the other team the puck in OT. Even Shorthouse said “ he gives the puck up and heads to the bench “ 

Like I said, I could see what he was trying to do, he just didn't execute........I'd rather that turnover than one to the middle of the ice on 3v3

15 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

And if they kept him we would have had Jordie Benn in our top 4 too 

Because our D is so much improved with Schmidt? And who says we’d be playing Covid Benn? The reason we couldn’t have afforded Schmidt, Toffoli, and Tanev is Eriksson, Beagle, Ferland, Sutter, and Baertschi.

3 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I didn't see the Hamonic injury. That could be very bad if both AE and TH out.

Hughes Myers 

Schmidt Chatfield

Juolevi Benn

???

they might be able to survive with that group for a while - but it would certainly be trial by fire.  I like their youth/AHL depth with guys like Brisebois, Rathbone, Sautner...but if you have to go to any of them you're not getting any more experience.

if it were long term I'd probably be calling Ron Hainsey's agent.

Just now, Ray_Cathode said:

Because our D is so much improved with Schmidt? And who says we’d be playing Covid Benn? The reason we couldn’t have afforded Schmidt, Toffoli, and Tanev is Eriksson, Beagle, Ferland, Sutter, and Baertschi.

And spooner buyout. Luongo penalty. Welcome to the cap world 

1 minute ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yes, these contracts hurt, and it will push our prospects to have to fill these holes sooner rather than later to be competitive.

Just now, oldnews said:

they might be able to survive with that group for a while - but it would certainly be trial by fire.  I like their youth/AHL depth with guys like Brisebois, Rathbone, Sautner...but if you have to go to any of them you're not getting any more experience.

if it were long term I'd probably be calling Ron Hainsey's agent.

Only problem is with the quarantine your still not getting him for 2 weeks.

If someone is out I think Benn comes in, doubt they'd go for 2 rookies in the lineup. 

But if both Hamonic & Eagle out then the bottom 3D will all be in & they're going to have to step up. 

4 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Between Hamonic's brain farts and that dump in by V, I couldn't help but blurt out "is this team stupid?" lol

Otherwise V had a good game I thought. 

Have you ever seen anyone else dump the puck in during OT? Like dump it in. Like it is the 2nd period...

• Haha 2

Just now, BPA said:

Just 2 more years and all the bad contracts are gone.

I know it’s beautiful. Really it’s the first year where the cap has really affected us. We will be in pretty good shape. I ain’t complaining. Some bad luck and contracts a year or 2 too long didn’t quite line up with our young players coming in. I mean I don’t think anyone could have predicted how quick Petey Hughes and company became as effective as they are

17 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

I did not like Hughes’ game, 2 assists, but minus 4??? He is an exciting guy, but man, he needs to learn to play defence. Not having Tanev with him really reveals his shortcomings. People seem to miss that Tanev was a very smart, mobile guy who covered up a lot of mistakes that his partners’ made.

Hughes 5 points in five games and -5. He needs to be partnered with someone who is smart enough to read his play and who is agile enough to adjust on the go - Rafferty.

Probably tired.  Maybe hurt.  The third MTL goal was a bad one for Hughes, but who knows. 

He's a gamer so I'm not worried about one game.

• Vintage 1