The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In memory: DJT... your personal favourite moments

Canorth

On 1/19/2021 at 9:23 PM, Shirotashi said:

Ill definitely miss the memes the most. 

People that think Trump = Hitler are absolutely insane tho.

I don't think you fully realise just how close America was to becoming a dictatorship.

Let me ask you this: how do you think Hitler got into power in the first place? When you find that out, compare that to the Trump supporter base. There's not a lot of difference.

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, Shirotashi said:

Welp heres one but its gigantic, as he said himself he did not start any new wars. 

Seems small when you just say it like that but when you consider US history its a 

pretty big deal. I must digress tho and say that if prodded enough by the wrong 

people I think he would cave and invade so IDK.

What would you classify the crowd attacking Capitol Hill as? Arguably, he almost started the next civil war movement which in my opinion is far worse than starting a war in another country. Don't get me wrong: neither is good. But one is worse than the other.

Edited by The Lock
  • Cheers 1

18 hours ago, gurn said:

You say that now, but what if the military had decided to side with Drumpf?

The military doesn't get to make that decision to decide to side with a president. The Insurrection Act is only allowed to be used if a significant violent uprising were to occur domestically, which would enable a sitting president to enact the National Guard. The military have to remain apolitical at all times, and cannot be used at any time for political means. If the military leaders feel that the instructions by the president present a danger to the general populace, they can refuse the order. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt

4 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

The military doesn't get to make that decision to decide to side with a president. The Insurrection Act is only allowed to be used if a significant violent uprising were to occur domestically, which would enable a sitting president to enact the National Guard. The military have to remain apolitical at all times, and cannot be used at any time for political means. If the military leaders feel that the instructions by the president present a danger to the general populace, they can refuse the order. 

Yep, that's how it is supposed to be, and that is how it happened this time, fortunately.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

Yep, that's how it is supposed to be,

So it works as it's supposed to. 

1 minute ago, gurn said:

and that is how it happened this time, fortunately.

This presidency pushed the limits of actual executive control and the perception of it, including what is permissible, for sure.

I think it's good to know that their were plenty of former and present US military personnel who had a spoke up to remind their populace of the military's role in their society, and that it is not a tool of the president's personal use. 

• Upvote 1

Trump blames California for wildfires, tells state 'you gotta clean your floors'

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2020/08/20/trump-blames-california-for-wildfires-tells-state-you-gotta-clean-your-floors-1311059

Back then, he pointed to Finland, claiming its leader said the European "forest nation" had "spent a lot of time on raking and cleaning and doing things. And they don’t have any problem.”

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

I wasn't aware mentioning it once was "all the time"...

You do you though.

Right, so help me out here, I’m trying to understand. Say Trump takes a giant dump on the floor. His followers are all busy wallowing in it. I say “watch out everybody, don’t step in that steamer!” Do I have TDS?

9 hours ago, The Lock said:

I don't think you fully realise just how close America was to becoming a dictatorship.

Let me ask you this: how do you think Hitler got into power in the first place? When you find that out, compare that to the Trump supporter base. There's not a lot of difference.

OK jesus christ lets settle this the difference between hitler and DJT is Hitler would have

taken power he would have ACTUALLY done it is that clear or are you too stupid to understand.

HITLER ACTUALLY killed millions of jews he ACTUALLY did DJT didnt do anything to any jews.

So seriously S.T.F.U and stop shytting on millions of lives that were lost to take down that monster.

We dont attribute deeds to people by virtue of the fact that they COULD have or CAME CLOSE to 

*all subjective* doing something. This is why so many conservatives hate liberals because they 

say retarded stuff like this.

9 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

OK jesus christ lets settle this the difference between hitler and DJT is Hitler would have

taken power he would have ACTUALLY done it is that clear or are you too stupid to understand.

HITLER ACTUALLY killed millions of jews he ACTUALLY did DJT didnt do anything to any jews.

So seriously S.T.F.U and stop shytting on millions of lives that were lost to take down that monster.

We dont attribute deeds to people by virtue of the fact that they COULD have or CAME CLOSE to 

*all subjective* doing something. This is why so many conservatives hate liberals because they 

I'm not talking about what Hitler did when in power. I'm talking about how Trump tried to turn the US into a fascist government. Just because you're offended by that possibility doesn't mean it didn't happen. It happened. It was attempted.

The Jews argument you are making has nothing to do with this, not that that should ever be discounted either. However, let me point out that we don't know what Trump would have done had he got his way. You're talking about Jews. Think about how he's talked about Muslims. Think about the wall he wanted to build against Mexicans, against immigrants. Obviously he's not killing them in this case, but who knows if Trump becomes a dictator. We don't know the answer to that. Think about that before you reply again.

This stuff is clearly what you don't want to hear given your reaction, but your reaction doesn't make it false. It's a hard pill to swallow. I get that, but let's not discount this just because we're scared about that being a possibility.

Edited by The Lock
  • Wat 1

8 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

I hope the irony of this last sentence is not lost on anyone. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/19/2021 at 5:10 PM, Canorth said:

One of My favourite moments of Trumps Presidency is when he hyper hyped up a rally in Tulsa

He walked in to the stage and was obviously just deflated. 

image.png.9a614ffc691b67b83ea904ecfd4f83ae.png

that night, it was determined that Tic Tok arranged for there followers to fake buy all of Trumps tickets... the results were beyond rewarding.... priceless 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRwulq7dPoGb5_eB5twSg

What’s your favourite Trump moment?

it wasn't as packed as he boasted but it wasn't as bad as the picture shows.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Lock said:

I'm not talking about what Hitler did when in power. I'm talking about how Trump tried to turn the US into a fascist government. Just because you're offended by that possibility doesn't mean it didn't happen. It happened. It was attempted.

The Jews argument you are making has nothing to do with this, not that that should ever be discounted either. However, let me point out that we don't know what Trump would have done had he got his way. You're talking about Jews. Think about how he's talked about Muslims. Think about the wall he wanted to build against Mexicans, against immigrants. Think about that before you reply again.

3 minutes ago, The Lock said:

The Jews argument you are making has nothing to do with this, not that that should ever be discounted either. However, let me point out that we don't know what Trump would have done had he got his way. You're talking about Jews. Think about how he's talked about Muslims. Think about the wall he wanted to build against Mexicans, against immigrants. Think about that before you reply again.

...assault free press, make Germany great again, coalesce the young/angry populace into an angry paramilitary, foment unrest by setting groups against each other, convince people that if it wasn’t said by you - it’s not true...

I’m just not seeing it Lock.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

...assault free press, make Germany great again, coalesce the young/angry populace into an angry paramilitary, foment unrest by setting groups against each other, convince people that if it wasn’t said by you - it’s not true...

I’m just not seeing it Lock.

The sad thing is, I don't like this comparison either, but if we are to right the wrong, we can't just ignore what could have gone very wrong.

• Upvote 1