The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

In memory: DJT... your personal favourite moments

Canorth

I despised him long before he decided to enter politics, certainly nothing he's done since that decision has made me change my mind.  I find it hilarious that he has so much disdain for what he views as "low class" people.  I can't personally think of too many people I would consider "lower class" than he is.  Guess it depends on what one's definition of "class" is.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, skategal said:

I despised him long before he decided to enter politics, certainly nothing he's done since that decision has made me change my mind.  I find it hilarious that he has so much disdain for what he views as "low class" people.  I can't personally think of too many people I would consider "lower class" than he is.  Guess it depends on what one's definition of "class" is.  

I wasn't a fan.  Didn't watch the Apprentice outside of the celeb versions.  The nail in the coffin was the TRUMP University revelations.  I still cannot believe that this scam didn't end his run for POTUS, let alone the whole Access Hollywood tape.

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:
  • Attempted to overthrow a democratically elected government
  • Blaming the "far left" for all the country's problems
  • Attempting to discredit the press
  • Openly racist against minorities
  • Blaming economic issues on foreign countries

Each one of those points are so subjective its not worth getting mired down 

going through them all. I find people adore the darlings like the Obamas 

and the Clintons and turn a blind eye to all their shortcomings whilst ignoring

some of the positives of the un-popular presidents like Trump. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

The only positive of Trump is his poor diet makes him unlikely to live much longer.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Shirotashi said:

What were his positives and do they outweigh the negatives?

58 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

What were his positives and do they outweigh the negatives?

Welp heres one but its gigantic, as he said himself he did not start any new wars. 

Seems small when you just say it like that but when you consider US history its a 

pretty big deal. I must digress tho and say that if prodded enough by the wrong 

people I think he would cave and invade so IDK.

23 minutes ago, Shirotashi said:

Welp heres one but its gigantic, as he said himself he did not start any new wars. 

Seems small when you just say it like that but when you consider US history its a 

pretty big deal. I must digress tho and say that if prodded enough by the wrong 

people I think he would cave and invade so IDK.

War on democracy is a pretty big one.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BowtieCanuck said:

The parallels between Trump and the rise of the Nazis is scary and should scare anyone who considers themselves anti-facist. Thankfully the checks and balances of the U.S. government prevented Trump from doing the same.

I think the main reason Hitler and the nazis came to power in Germany was the economic destruction caused by the 1929 crash.

The US is the wealthiest country in the history of the world.  As long as that wealth is shared (to some degree) amongst the majority of its citizens it should be secure.

But if ever there was some economic disaster that saw peoples' life savings wiped out, pension plans collapse etc. all bets would be off.

25 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

Nice try, but I really don't care who their President is.  All Politicians are scum.

Though my buddy said it well.  Voting for Biden because you hate Trump is like $&!#ting your pants and changing your shirt.

Does your buddy speak from experience? Cause that would explain a lot...

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

Nice try, but I really don't care who their President is.  All Politicians are scum.

Though my buddy said it well.  Voting for Biden because you hate Trump is like $&!#ting your pants and changing your shirt.

Right...because people who "don't care" talk about "TDS" all the time....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1