The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | January 25, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, SNP, TSN5, RDS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

2nd periods aren't that good to Canucks normally, can't get that thought out of my head :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, out 2nd period sucks because we aren't a possession team and when teams apply pressure in the neutral zone we always dump it in for a line change so we don't get caught on the long change in the 2nd (which is why we suck ass in this period). The good news is that Ottawa has the same belief system that neutral zone pressure isn't necessary so we should be able to get more effective line changes and to hold onto possession better. 

2 minutes ago, bree2 said:

they have made a step in the right direction, some on here are being too critical. GO CANUCKS GO!

Hey Bree, Boeser is looking really good this year!  I remember you gave me flack for talking bad about him before, so I'm happy that he's looking strong again :) 

3 minutes ago, Chanmanx007 said:

Don Cherry was a cruel old man he doesn't fit into modern day 2021 metrosexual media. 

Cherry just needed someone like Bieksa to keep him under control. Maybe he would talk hockey instead of looking at Ron puzzled when he says stupid things. 

2 minutes ago, Chanmanx007 said:

Don Cherry was a cruel old man he doesn't fit into modern day 2021 metrosexual media. 

Ah yes, where ideas that you disagree with are micro aggressions and triggers and words are padded with feather pillows from the harsh truths of reality

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

I sure miss Gary Thorne. Imagine if he came back to call the finals, that would be electric.

Absolutely I love his calls but i think I got more of a soft spot for Gord cause I grew up with him calling the world juniors every year and calling the Jordan Eberle goal, probably my most memorable hockey moment of all time.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Cherry just needed someone like Bieksa to keep him under control. Maybe he would talk hockey instead of looking at Ron puzzled when he says stupid things. 

Sign me up for a Don Cherry Kevan Bieska show.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, MikeyD said:

If it makes you feel any better, out 2nd period sucks because we aren't a possession team and when teams apply pressure in the neutral zone we always dump it in for a line change so we don't get caught on the long change in the 2nd (which is why we suck ass in this period). The good news is that Ottawa has the same belief system that neutral zone pressure isn't necessary so we should be able to get more effective line changes and to hold onto possession better. 

Let's hope ::D