The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 28 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Only the Life Line and the WCE line match up given the contracts around these guys (including the one to come)...It's good line ... when it's going it's a great line.  Mattress, RPM and Ikea don't have the same legs as this one does ... BBB was here and gone in a flash before it even stuck ... nothing not to like about it at all. 

Wtfs the life line

At least I know what the lotto line is, the rest of these Twitter-made line names are generally attempts at 15 minutes of Twitter fame by nobodies that nobody really needs to hear from. Also who's mattress, and rpm? 

Is van the only fanbase that has silly names for every line and line combo?

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Nonsense.   Meaningless claim again.

Stecher/Fantenburg/Benn were the 3rd pairing D last year.  Because you can pick out a moment where a coach remixes his pairings is relatively meaningless.

Myers has played with Juolevi a lot this year - doesn't make Myers a '3rd pairing D.'

The bottom pairing claim about Myers in Winnipeg is also just plain false.

21:40 of ice time there over 5 years - and never under 20 - is ludicrous to refer to as '3rd pairing' - and even moreso when you look more closely at the context.

The embarassment of riches the Jets had at RHD with Byfuglien, Myers and Trouba - absolutely in stark contrast to the horrible comparables of Del Zotto or Hutton in inury replacement coupled with rething minutes here.  No comparison whatsoever - and the fact that Myers commanded those minutes on a team that was easily one of, if not the deepest at RHD - undermines, doesn't make, your case.

I just don't get how you can say it's meaningless to say that a player who played on the bottom pairing in two organizations is an absolute top four defenseman. 

How is it plain false to say he was a bottom pairing guy in Winnipeg if he Trouba and Byfuglien played on the pairings with tougher matchups?

Myers played with Fantenberg come playoff time and bled goals in the playoffs.

I just think you're being a little bit dishonest. Calling Myers a 4.5 is probably the accurate assessment when you combine, eye-test, his deployment over the past few years, and the analytics. 

I'm not hating on Myers for no reason because I always get accused of an anti-canucks agenda. I absolutely love Nate Schmidt as an example and think he needs to be played way more than he has been so far. 

On 1/16/2021 at 11:34 AM, debluvscanucks said:

COME ON JAKE.  

I'm calling the top line the Blood Pressure line until Miller returns...at which point it's the Beats Per Minute/lotto line.

BOESER-PETEY-?

23 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

Boeser

Pettersson

Miller

BPM sounds good lol

Cue the techno DJ

comic con deadpool GIF

Great minds think alike.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Tom Sestito said:

I just don't get how you can say it's meaningless to say that a player who played on the bottom pairing in two organizations is an absolute top four defenseman. 

How is it plain false to say he was a bottom pairing guy in Winnipeg if he Trouba and Byfuglien played on the pairings with tougher matchups?

Myers played with Fantenberg come playoff time and bled goals in the playoffs.

I just think you're being a little bit dishonest. Calling Myers a 4.5 is probably the accurate assessment when you combine, eye-test, his deployment over the past few years, and the analytics. 

I'm not hating on Myers for no reason because I always get accused of an anti-canucks agenda. I absolutely love Nate Schmidt as an example and think he needs to be played way more than he has been so far. 

I'm not sure I have much to add here.

If people want to refer to a D that has averaged over 22 minutes over his career - even on arguably the deepest right side in the NHL - and relatively consistently throughout - who remains in that range - as a "3rd pairing D" = then clearly hockey is not a 60 minute game - because it would take far more than 60 minutes to fit all those top4 in above him.  He isn't a case of situational, misleading minutes - ie, to repeat the Hutton, DelZotto analogy - are horrible comparables...

Dishonesty is the wrong word - I am simply unconvinced - and I find the counter arguments fairly obstinate.

Perhaps just agree to disagree.

Unless you want to answer this question:

Who were the real top 4 RHD last year, if Myers was not one of them?

Who are they presently?

48 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Wtfs the life line

At least I know what the lotto line is, the rest of these Twitter-made line names are generally attempts at 15 minutes of Twitter fame by nobodies that nobody really needs to hear from. Also who's mattress, and rpm? 

Is van the only fanbase that has silly names for every line and line combo?

Mattress line was Sedins (Twins) and Jason King (King)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1