The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 28 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

7 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

Man after seeing so many arenas now I really feel like somebody dropped there etch a sketch on the Vancouver design for the seat covers 

montreal is bad ass 

Looks like we just cheaped out but not covering all the lower bowl seats, having the red seats exposed behind the benches is quite bad imo..Any covering with a sponsor on it would likely mean they were on the hook for the cost of the covering plus whatever the fee they agreed upon

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, appleboy said:

I wish the governments would allow a limited number of fans into the buildings.  There should be no reason to not allow say, 5000 fans in to watch the games. Why can't they come up with a seating plan that keeps people safe?  Just season ticket holders. Maybe alternate games through the season tickets. Allowing them all to get a group of games. 

It's not  just about the seating arrangement.  It's also about everything else, concession, washrooms, entering, exiting.  Crowds will form.  Not saying it's a totally bad idea, just that no one thinks of the other stuff that goes on at games. I'd love to get back to going to games.  Just wouldn't want to be there with that one person that infects everyone else, and so on and so on. 

I don't like the decision of starting Holtby tonight. We are just starting to find our groove and Demko is getting hot. we're one win away from .500 before going for a long road trip, we cannot let this one get away... If the Sens come out hard like they did last night and pepper us with 20+ shots, I don't think Holtby can hold the fort. I know it's just Ottawa, but this has signs of a letdown game. I hope im wrong though.

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Some would say it's clever. 

Your suggestions (Millionaire Line, Money Line, etc) make no sense. Yes, they make money, lots of it, but so does every other player.  

People who win the lotto become millionaires?  Also, Vancouver Millionaires was a thing.  They were just suggestions, I'd take BPM line name @DarthMelvin suggested over Lotto Line but again just my opinion.  I respect that you and others like the name.  

Edit: Didn't see your post @debluvscanucks  I'm with you with BPM, cause that line gets the heart pumpin! :towel:

Edited by Petey Castiglione
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Petey Castiglione said:

People who win the lotto become millionaires?  Also, Vancouver Millionaires was a thing.  They were just suggestions, I'd take BPM line name @DarthMelvin suggested over Lotto Line but again just my opinion.  I respect that you and others like the name.

I actually like the BPM line - the Heart that keeps the team running

Not crazy about the Lotto Line, but it works. VAN has never had any Lotto luck though...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Looks like we just cheaped out but not covering all the lower bowl seats, having the red seats exposed behind the benches is quite bad imo..Any covering with a sponsor on it would likely mean they were on the hook for the cost of the covering plus whatever the fee they agreed upon

They definitely could have done way better

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I actually like the BPM line - the Heart that keeps the team running

Not crazy about the Lotto Line, but it works. VAN has never had any Lotto luck though...

The numbers are the first reason for the name lotto.  But the subtext is Petey was taken after a lottery drop, Boeser was not a lotto pick and Miller could have cost us a lottery pick but didn't.  Kinda cool.

17 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Should really be 946 (9-40-6), based on position.

Maybe the Vespa line?

9BC21ACA-E009-41E1-A9FF-F3A9981ADA24.jpeg.431e6a1f86551524dc976255a3c5af7b.jpeg

Or, if we want to get extra nerdy and obscure, the Volcano Line?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/946_eruption_of_Paektu_Mountain

Love Vespas

I have a '74 125 Super Sport

Doesn't look quite as flash as that new unit in your pic though :P

Edited by bishopshodan