The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Ottawa Senators | January 28 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, ruilin96 said:

Time for Holtby to play a good game. He has had wins but I won't say he had been elite yet. Let's see that from him tonight!

He’s been good enough. The scoring chances against have been ridiculous. It’s really only been till last game where we really limited high end chances so let’s hope there’s more of that tonight and Holtby will be fine 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

This is the punctuation mark in this mini series with Ottawa....question mark or exclamation mark.  Will sort of set the tone in where they're at with how the team follows up to some recent success and if they're prepared to build on it.  Whether they take it easy and coast on it (which won't end well) or continue to bring it every game.   No time to celebrate wins...just get back to it.  The mental game is such a huge part of it....have to come prepared because Ottawa will NOT want to let this one go.  

Let's go....winning is SO much more fun around here.....

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Also, can we change the "lotto line" nickname.  It's got to be one of the worst.  Money line? Millionaire line?  Winning line? Anything but lotto. :sick:

I still think of John Garrett every time I hear the lotto nickname

In related news, I am old...

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

I’m sure I’m not the only one asking this but will tonight be the night we see the hyped up Reverse Retro Jerseys? From the debut schedule both Vancouver and Ottawa don’t have a date. All of the debuts seem to be late January and early February. We don’t play the Sens in February so I would bet tonight we see the GREEN Gradient jersey! 

BAF1520A-7957-470D-B8FB-533A8A67DAC6.png

Edited by EP Phone Home

10 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

I understand how the name was formed.  Still think it's a bush league nick name but that's just my opinion.  

every fan or media created nickname is embarrassing. the only worthwhile nicknames are created within the team environment. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

I understand how the name was formed.  Still think it's a bush league nick name but that's just my opinion.  

I feel like it's perfect...nails it and it just comes naturally.  It's literally their numbers.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Some would say it's clever. 

Your suggestions (Millionaire Line, Money Line, etc) make no sense. Yes, they make money, lots of it, but so does every other player.  

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Really? It's like, perfect. It's not like that numbers combo is going to happen again. I love it.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

I'll agree to disagree, but don't disregard your opinion.  6mill in this market gives you a ton of options in my eyes.  I don't dislike Myers, but don't think he is the only option out there for us.

Anyway, enjoy the game.

You too!  

3 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I feel like it's perfect...nails it and it just comes naturally.  It's literally their numbers.

Only the Life Line and the WCE line match up given the contracts around these guys (including the one to come)...It's good line ... when it's going it's a great line.  Mattress, RPM and Ikea don't have the same legs as this one does ... BBB was here and gone in a flash before it even stuck ... nothing not to like about it at all. 

• Vintage 1