The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets | January 30, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHLN, CBC, SN, TVAS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Virtanen couldn’t hold Bertuzzi or Neely’s jockstrap.  I wouldn’t worry too much about Jake turning into one of those guys.  

I agree he is not that caliber of player but big Bert didn't break out until his fifth year as pro.

So this year and next Jake needs to rev up or he won't make it to a decent middle six player.

I do wonder if this compressed schedule with so many back to backs might have him nursing an injury.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Could Hoglander be the next Bure like thing in Vancouver.... Bure was an exciting player to watch, Hoglander is looking like an exciting player to watch as well.... Wait until Hoglander pulls the behind the net goal :frantic: maybe it happens tonight :ph34r:

No!

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Burke is still relevant, I don't always agree with him but I respect the time he's put in and his insight 

I really enjoy his takes even if I don't agree with them. His book was also excellent if you haven't read it.  You can tell how much Pat Quinn influenced him.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 3

I saw schmidt put Myers in some poor positions there, and not one of our forwards could win a puck battle. 

It's easy to blame Myers because he's the biggest guy on the ice usually, which makes his mistakes look bigger

Edited by DS4quality

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

In fairness to us, Winnipeg is the most aggressive team we've played with how they pressure the breakout. Hopefully the coaching staff will have some helpful adjustments for the 2nd.

I mean it sure feels like every team we play against is "the most aggressive team" because even against the Sens....they still struggled to get the puck out of the zone. It's been like this for years now. Don't think the coaching staff has the magic solution after this one period, when this one period happens most periods every game.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

From a coaching perspective, this is our best period defensively all season from the aspect of player coverage. The only reason why it sucked is because we had a boatload of unforced turnovers from the back end. You clear that up and they lose half of their shots. 

Stat wise, defense looked horrible, but it's a huge improvement from 5 games ago. Absolutely huge. Demko had one, maybe two difficult saves (one ultimately led to a goal) and that was off a bad faceoff setup but overall Winnepeg is playing well offensively and we are stifling their good chances. 

Coverage is a million times better. 

Now if we can just get the self-inflicted turnover thingy figured out we'll be rollin

• Vintage 1

Rotten Ronnie seriously thought that goal was in the Swedish league while they're wearing the national team jerseys.  Not only is he an unprofessional dirtbag, he's also stupid as hell.  How does Sportsnet justify letting this piece of garbage disgrace his country on national tv?

• Like 1