The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Again they are 3 and 7 against teams not names Ottawa. He should be angry. His play has been horrible. He should be upset. So ya it’s ok to show emotion that shows you care. 

Petey shows he cares by working harder.  By getting out there and refining his skills.

He's not a super emotional guy, it's just not his make up ... you won't see many outbursts from him.  He'll shoot the puck harder or go back at a guy but he isn't the type to scream and yell.  It does NOT indicate a lack of caring about the game.  At all.  

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Great plan sitting OJ For Ben 

toffoli went around him like the pylon he is 

keep playing those vets Green 

Benns been solid up until now others then that play if you want to call that a pylon move. That’s a poor argument at best. Would like to OJ next game though give Chatfield a rest 

• Cheers 4

Toffoli has got 9 points in 5 games against the Canucks. Has made the team look bad and embarassed everyone.

Green: What do you mean?

Don't you think someone should lay the body on him?

Green: What do you mean? I will say this.  That's a good team over there.

10 minutes ago, Pickly said:

If you can’t even compete with good teams that says a lot about your team and where it stands. 

Who says we can’t?

We clearly don’t match up well against Montreal.

I bet if this was a regular season we would have beaten many good teams by now.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Petey shows he cares by working harder.  By getting out there and refining his skills.

He's not a super emotional guy, it's just not his make up ... you won't see many outbursts from him.  He'll shoot the puck harder or go back at a guy but he isn't the type to scream and yell.  It does NOT indicate a lack of caring about the game.  At all.  

He was joking about Toffoli in his comments. His team has been losing badly to Montreal so far. I just don’t think they are appropriate for where they are at. I am basing it on what he said. If you want to defend him because you like him, great but the season is slowly slipping away. I guess your ok with that attitude and you can be but I am not.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, TNucks1 said:

:( we shoulda promoted manny.

He had a great connection with the prospects and was a mentor for some of them....been a few changes that are taking some time to adjust to.  

You take the good with the bad....they're struggling but no one's feeling that more than they are.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Who says we can’t?

We clearly don’t match up well against Montreal.

I bet if this was a regular season we would have beaten many good teams by now.

It’s not that we don’t match up. It’s that we look completely outclassed. It’s called making adjustments which this team doesn’t know how to make. 

• Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

31 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Clearly they all put alot of money on Montreal tonight 

Green is useless 

we don’t have a system not do we play with any degree of discipline 

you have to be able to see that 

26 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Has Tippet turned the Oilers into a defensive powerhouse?

Hardly.  

If the Canucks had Tippet as a coach, could he suddenly turn the teams defensive woes around?  

Doubt it.

Fact of the matter is that execution on the ice is probably by day the bigger issue, and that can only be improved as the group evolves.

But u keep on yelling at those clouds champ!  

This. 

• Cheers 2