The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Montreal Canadiens | February 2, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, TNucks1 said:

well the refs been calling softys all over the league this year for w.e reason.

I wonder whether refs are calling softer penalties because of how frequently teams will be playing each other. They might be purposely trying to prevent bad blood from escalating by handing out penalties so players dont 'seek justice.' Just a thought

4 minutes ago, Barbarian said:

I wonder whether refs are calling softer penalties because of how frequently teams will be playing each other. They might be purposely trying to prevent bad blood from escalating by handing out penalties so players dont 'seek justice.' Just a thought

yeah thats possible i thought maybe bettman told em too just to make the games goals for and against higher.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, GoCanucks16 said:

why do the kids call him by his last name

True story: Because the character in the commercial was named so that the chant could work in both of Canada's official languages. In the Francophone version of the commercial, the fans chanted al-BARE, al-BARE. 

• Thanks 1

I love the canucks but fir the first time in 30 years I turned the TV off and didn't watch any 9f it after they went down 4-1.

I don't profess to know how to fix them but it's clear this team has a major problem. They have far to much talent to play this horribly in 7 games out of 13.

Maybe it's a cancer in the locker room and there is team.chemistry problems, maybe the players have tuned out the coach ?

In any event barring a miraculous turn around this is another draft lottery year so the one thing they got right was giving up last year's first.

Still love.the canucks but they look horrible on the ice and something is going on

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The sad part is I bet they would've last year. 

Doubt it. Pulju asked for a trade from Oilers but Kenny Holland said he's not trading him.. just refused the trade request. 

Holland set the tone and showed who's boss.. didnt want to set a precedence and fold to a guy who holds out.. 

Going back to Scandinavia was best thing to happen for Pulju. Much better player now.

14 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

You wouldn’t be saying that if this was 2 years ago and we just lost to the Canadiens with Benn in the line up LOL.

Hes probably playing a little further up then he should I agree but there was literally no reason at all to take him out of the lineup up until this point 

If you think Benn is an nhl quality top 6 guy you are sadly mistaken 

i am not pinning the game on him at all

we need OJ to develop, Benn is what he is

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Doubt it. Pulju asked for a trade from Oilers but Kenny Holland said he's not trading him.. just refused the trade request. 

Holland set the tone and showed who's boss.. didnt want to set a precedence and fold to a guy who holds out.. 

Going back to Scandinavia was best thing to happen for Pulju. Much better player now.

Maybe not, although I thought Edmonton liked Virtanen at one point. 

14 minutes ago, Barbarian said:

I think it’s purely because the refs are absolute trash and couldn’t do their job if their lives depended on it. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2