The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Calgary Lames | February 13, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | NHN, CBC, SN

Rate this topic

-SN-

Just now, Jaimito said:

Here are his excuses.   I agree with some, but Schmidt and Holtby haven't performed as well as I expected. Not terrible, but I expected more. 

I mean he’s not wrong about being patient and needing time for the roster to gel.

But at the same time this teams play goes much deeper than integrating a few new players. 

The deployment of players, the passive defensive zone systems and the lack of any sort of strategy on the power play all comes down to coaching. Fans aren’t dumb, they know how good teams execute and this team hasn’t even been close for 90% of the games played.

• Cheers 3

Just now, Davathor said:

True. Every team is playing the same fd up season, and we haven't had the covid complications a lot of other teams have had.

Worst winning percentage in the league, and every north team has games in hand. None of these are good things

Nux did. JT and Benn weren't able to stay the season due to covid tests.

Just now, Jaimito said:

Nux did. JT and Benn weren't able to stay the season due to covid tests.

Compared to some other teams that is nothing, was that minny and Dallas shut down all games for 2 weeks? I feel like ovi was quarantined too. I would google but that takes effort

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

I think the poor execution despite a some what competitive roster lands on poor preparation and leadership.  That does lands on the coaches.  

I agree. Theres no way the defence, breakout, and puck management should be so... brutal. That comes down to coaching.

Glad to see FA weigh in.  Whether or not management and coaching deserve whatever level of blame for our poor start, there is a separate and more important question:  will a bunch of reactive moves improve things this season?  For me the answer is no.  But our jagoff media are all over this, ginning up a crisis to gin up their ratings.  I got a flaming bag of sh!t for them. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, garthsbutcher said:

Gung Hei Fat Jake

Funny story I used to get reminded of yearly, when I was like 15 was a bit of a chubber. Walked over to parents cuz I thought I was called... old man said Gung hei fat choi, I thought he said 'come here fat boy' lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Yeah if you’re looking for that short term boost I agree with that.

Green not having an extension speaks volumes too

Harder in the pandemic to bring someone in and I don’t like the idea of Brown or Baumgartner running the team, though.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Davathor said:

Fighting not really his game though. He's no heavyweight, and could probly take a few average sized guys... but he could also not be a fighter and break a finger or knuckle trying.

If you wanna criticize someone for not using his size, let's talk about Tyler Myers

Fighting aside he seldom uses his size.to apply the body either.  He is incredibly soft for a big guy.  When the team is sleepy, a big hit can wake them.up and Bo should be that guy...never happens.

• Cheers 1

On 2/12/2021 at 4:52 PM, Cat Man said:

#1 "Please make this end. It's depressing I didn't have to change the W/L text at all"

#2 Payback for Bailey's boarding.

#3 Less scoring by unintended deflections caused by a cold prairie bitter wind shift.

#4 A horrid need to "Research the Calgary Flames"

#5 Zack's Mom is going to stop posting Canuck's business.

#6 On top of all these reasons pointing to a Canuck's win...one of my cats told me...no really...he's the oldest and wisest of the pride ;)  

Problem with #1 is if they win today or another day everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon only to be disappointed by the next game, at this point there is to much to overcome