The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | February 17, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

26 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

You slept through the 90's

Timberlands were massive in the Hiphop scene. 

https://www.highsnobiety.com/p/timberland-boots-hip-hop/

I agree with iBatch here. Having wore both work boots and motorcycle boots. I'm pretty sure there's motorcycle boots you could wear all day. But not sure I'd want to walk around in them. You don't go jogging in work boots. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Cool, you're into Post Malone.

:P

Not sure what that means but thanks bishopshodan.   I feel the burn.   All good.   Just wanted you to know that the entire construction industry thinks that's idiotic is all.   Trying to help.   Confidence matters - and you can bet those close to me notice how much i don't care about how i dress.   It's a total mess most days.   I've worn crocs in minus 30 to the store (cammo ones to boot - plaid on plaid).    Don't wear a shirt as much as i should in the summer too.    For me clothes should be comfortable - if they are not - then they stay in the closet.    Also i love embarrassing my kids.  

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I agree with iBatch here. Having wore both work boots and motorcycle boots. I'm pretty sure there's motorcycle boots you could wear all day. But not sure I'd want to walk around in them. You don't go jogging in work boots. 

I'm gonna be wearing work boots all day.

Timber framing. 

Won't feel good, or look good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Not sure what that means but thanks bishopshodan.   I feel the burn.   All good.   Just wanted you to know that the entire construction industry thinks that's idiotic is all.   Trying to help.   Confidence matters - and you can bet those close to me notice how much i don't care about how i dress.   It's a total mess most days.   I've worn crocs in minus 30 to the store (cammo ones to boot - plaid on plaid).    Don't wear a shirt as much as i should in the summer too.    For me clothes should be comfortable - if they are not - then they stay in the closet.    Also i love embarrassing my kids.  

We're more alike than you know.

Post Malone is a 'star' that has a line of Crocs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm gonna be wearing work boots all day.

Timber framing. 

Won't feel good, or look good. 

When you drop a hammer or a hunk of wood on your foot, your foot will thank you. I just wish I wore shin guards at work. I walked too close to a corner and smashed my shin on a rail and did a nice puncture. I still have the scar. 

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

When you drop a hammer or a hunk of wood on your foot, your foot will thank you. I just wish I wore shin guards at work. I walked too close to a corner and smashed my shin on a rail and did a nice puncture. I still have the scar. 

Oh I know, last week I was milling Fir, that crap is heavy. A beam fell on my foot, thank god for the steel toes. I have some good insoles but still pretty uncomfortable foot wear.

I hope the Canucks have their 'work boots' on tonight.

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I like them for that 90's hip hop look. I don't worry about the day.

I was more or less poking fun at the team for wearing their work boots to the rink, it’s more a photo opp than anything, but they did work hard for one game . I wish they could back it up and keep up the work ethic for a long stretch. They could have been mistaken for a 90’s boy band with their attire though.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Oh I know, last week I was milling Fir, that crap is heavy. A beam fell on my foot, thank god for the steel toes. I have some good insoles but still pretty uncomfortable foot wear.

I hope the Canucks have their 'work boots' on tonight.

When i was 15 i loved my boots, walking around in 100$ best of the line at the time steel toes all day in a lumber yard ... the my feet hurt (on concrete is the worst all day) .. first week someone drove over my toes with the forklift.  Thank god.   Most of the time the best part of steel toes is using them as a tool - as in kicking a board in place or using the tip for leverage for something heavy.

Im glad we had this talk.   

• Huggy Bear 1

Other word of advice wear ear protection. Yeah it looks goofy. But my brother and brother in law both have various stages of hearing loss from years of carpentry and machining. 

But nothing humbles you more than being in your late 40's helping your brother in law with his cabin, and your brother and nephew all of us getting the framing into place.

I'm leaning with all my might holding it up, and your brother in law corrects you on holding a corner of the frame down and then you really feel the weight. And you struggle for 20 minutes keeping it upright. I never felt so weak in my life, that's when I knew I wasn't in my 20's anymore. 

2 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Now don't you go soft on us. Give Benning credit for going after not only skilled guys but classy character guys...like Bo, Brock, Petey..et al. Juolevi fits in that mold but not Upchuk. He's the wrong type of character. Seems to me the type that could disrupt and divide a locker room.

The jury hasn't even been selected for the OJ case yet, he could easily still be a bust. He and Jake were very below average choices. JB picked Jake because he wanted a Tkachuk type player. 

This team lacks the grit, jam and going to the hard area type players. Hogs is close, but he is tiny. 

• Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Real men walk in their bare feet.   Like Caine in Kung Fu.:P

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Now don't you go soft on us. Give Benning credit for going after not only skilled guys but classy character guys...like Bo, Brock, Petey..et al. Juolevi fits in that mold but not Upchuk. He's the wrong type of character. Seems to me the type that could disrupt and divide a locker room.

You do remember he went hard after Lucic when Ryan Miller was still the starting goalie?

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

3 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

You do remember he went hard after Lucic when Ryan Miller was still the staring goalie?

given that Neal and Loui E are both taxi squad regulars, maybe that wasn't the worst idea :lol: I mean if you had to pick from the 3.... 

• Cheers 2

I wish Ferland was healthy, I was always on the Lucic side of things during that Offseason free agent day. Because I felt a guy like that has been one of the few things we are and have been missing for a long time. Yeah he’s slow but the intimidation factor alone keeps guys in line. Our team needs toughness.  Let’s hope Jake steps up and destroys tkchunk gets some of his confidence back!  

10 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I wish Ferland was healthy, I was always on the Lucic side of things during that Offseason free agent day. Because I felt a guy like that has been one of the few things we are and have been missing for a long time. Yeah he’s slow but the intimidation factor alone keeps guys in line. Our team needs toughness.  Let’s hope Jake steps up and destroys tkchunk gets some of his confidence back!  

Guds wasn’t a MMA fighter but he could throw them if required.  Problem was I think the coaching staff put the reins on him with that sort of stuff (as well as any player on the Canucks).  Too much ‘turn the other cheek’ mentality imho.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I used to work in construction with a guy who wore shin guards every day we used to make fun of him all the time until a cable snapped and if he wasn’t wearing them he may have lost his foot. Everyone was wearing shin guards the next day lol

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2