The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Lames | February 17, 2021 | 7 p.m. PT | SN1, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

16 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I wish Ferland was healthy, I was always on the Lucic side of things during that Offseason free agent day. Because I felt a guy like that has been one of the few things we are and have been missing for a long time. Yeah he’s slow but the intimidation factor alone keeps guys in line. Our team needs toughness.  Let’s hope Jake steps up and destroys tkchunk gets some of his confidence back!  

Let's assume he would be healthy and would be in the lineup tonight. It would need just one fight for him and the concussion issue would be back.

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Most lists means exactly that  - THN # 9,  International Scouting Services had him at 11, behind Chychrun 8,  Sergachev 10... looks like they had that right so far ..  Button also had him at 9...Dobber Prospects 11... TSN also had OJ at 6... also the way JB was talking pre-draft i'm certain he also wanted PLD - was describing him as exactly what he was looking for ... figure OJ was their next best pick.   He can still work out - looks good so far...

I wanted Tachk or Sergachev

Both game ready. Both were instant NHL regulars. I never really cared for OJ till now. Seeing some Tanev in him.

Bieksas ol' cigar in a rocking chair kinda game. Calm.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, nzan said:

That’s true - if you went back to all the pre-draft discussion almost everyone wanted Tkachuk (though some wanted Puljujarvi).

Then as soon as Juolevi was chosen almost everyone got on board in approval - confident that it was a great, ballsy pick.

Then when he didn’t turn into an overnight sensation they all said they never liked the pick, it was a waste, Benning’s an idiot etc

And with a bit more patience I think it’ll finally show itself to be a fine pick.

IIRC, I wanted PLD, OJ or a trade drown for Sergachev (or alternately, I think I was suggesting moving Tanev at the time for a second pick to grab whichever one of Sergachev, Chychrun or McAvoy was available with it).

If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell Benning to trade down for McAvoy and leave him in college until we'd nabbed Petey and Hughes :lol:

Imagine a first pair right now of Hughes-McAvoy...:wub:

As for the boots conversation... There was a bunch of snow out there. Are we sure those weren't just winter/'hiking' boots? Doubt the boys were wearing steel toes :lol:

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Not sure what that means but thanks bishopshodan.   I feel the burn.   All good.   Just wanted you to know that the entire construction industry thinks that's idiotic is all.   Trying to help.   Confidence matters - and you can bet those close to me notice how much i don't care about how i dress.   It's a total mess most days.   I've worn crocs in minus 30 to the store (cammo ones to boot - plaid on plaid).    Don't wear a shirt as much as i should in the summer too.    For me clothes should be comfortable - if they are not - then they stay in the closet.    Also i love embarrassing my kids.  

Screen shot 2021-02-17 at 10.05.25 AM.png

Screen shot 2021-02-17 at 10.05.15 AM.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

Let's assume he would be healthy and would be in the lineup tonight. It would need just one fight for him and the concussion issue would be back.

For sure you know he’s gonna go after someone right away like the Minny series fight. Just wish we had a guy like pre concussion Ferland. 

37 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Guds wasn’t a MMA fighter but he could throw them if required.  Problem was I think the coaching staff put the reins on him with that sort of stuff (as well as any player on the Canucks).  Too much ‘turn the other cheek’ mentality imho.

Agree, it’s a Canucks life style “just get the PP” // “beat em on the scoreboard” 

I always hear from my old man how tough the Canucks were but I was just a kid, seems most of my life I’ve been yelling at the Tv for someone to just hit em! 

• Cheers 2

It ain't over till it's over.   I just want to see the team from last season.  The hard working, always in it, never say die team.  Feels like this team is done once they're down a goal or 2.  Past few seasons they were never out of it no matter what the score.  I do agree that Petey and Hughes are trying to do too much and need to simplify their game, part of the growing pains.

On the bright side, OJ looks like he's arrived.  His defensive zone coverage is getting better each game, has slick first passes and even laid out Tkchuk with a nice hit.   Boeser looks better than ever, Hogs is a top 6 player with an endless motor.  Motte looks to have taken the next step.  Chatfield looks ready to play in the top 6.  

With the Pods and Tryamkin waiting in the wings and the continued development of the young guns the team looks good moving forward after this season.  Not the end of the world if we miss the playoffs this season.  If that happens and we add another top 5/10 pick, we could make out like bandits with Hughes D partner for the next decade.

But for now,  I hope they beat down on the Flames and start a winning streak. They're gna burn Marky out around 20  games and miss the playoffs.  Go Canucks Go!! :towel:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1