The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

Captain Awesome's an idiot.

He's got Tiger Woods memes up - one with him with one leg/golfing.   One with wooden legs ("Tiger's woods").  The guy was in a serious accident and this guy's trying for hits off it.

A real champ this guy.  Classless.

Whatta joke some people are. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, rychicken said:

hmmm, maybe he should join skate canada...the free skate can be up to four minutes and the rules are quite loose - can he land a lutz?

Not sure what you really meant by your post but just stating an opinion in regards to the (rumoured) Green & JV saga; I wonder who goes first...

Not every one is wired the same way.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

That locker room knows whats going internally.  Hopefully, JV and this roster have a chance with another staff before any trade happens.

My worry now is that JV will get traded and then the coaching staff will change after and we’ll never get to see how he would’ve done here with better coaching and support, it’ll be on a different team. People underestimate how much mental health can come in to play. We saw the segment with motte during the other game too so hopefully that opens some of the JV doubters eyes. Being ridiculed by the media and fans in your hometown, always being put on blast and being the scapegoat, it’s hard not to see how much self doubt that can bring out in someone. Hopefully it works out for him and the nucks

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Canucksince99 said:

My worry now is that JV will get traded and then the coaching staff will change after and we’ll never get to see how he would’ve done here with better coaching and support, it’ll be on a different team. People underestimate how much mental health can come in to play. We saw the segment with motte during the other game too so hopefully that opens some of the JV doubters eyes. Being ridiculed by the media and fans in your hometown, always being put on blast and being the scapegoat, it’s hard not to see how much self doubt that can bring out in someone. Hopefully it works out for him and the nucks

Yeah, if JV gets it together with another staff - it will be a big part of Greens' & JBs' faulure as Canucks Coach & GM.   If he gets traded I will be pulling for him unless it is against us.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

We have a 9% chance of making the playoffs 

We have a 9% chance of winning the draft lottery 

so frankly this season could not be any worse 

thanks Travis

At this point better to go for draft pick

11 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, if JV gets it together with another staff - it will be a big part of Greens' & JBs' faulure as Canucks Coach & GM.   If he gets traded I will be pulling for him unless it is against us.

Ah yes, the blame game.  So if someone unemployed manages to turn things around, do we blame previous social workers beforehand for not getting through to them sooner?  Let's not forget about individual responsibility.  Yeah there are factors that play into it, but it sounds pretty naive to me lay blame solely on TG and JB if JV turns it around.  They've tried to work with the guy and have been pretty darn patient....   

6 hours ago, BarnBurner said:

Sutter is having a decent year, but let's not forget, he is playing for his next contract. It's not like we haven't seen that movie before. And by the way, I'm not a hater.

I agree. I think if he agrees to sign a 1 year $2 million contract I’d be okay with that. Put Lind on right wing and Motte on left wing. That would be a better 3rd line then what we have now. 

Gadjovich and MacEwen can play on a big aggressive 4th line with Beagle. Jasek can be the 13th and rotational forward who can play all 3 forward positions. Eriksson and Roussel can be bought out. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, xereau said:

Yes, this is the 1970's and teams know nothing of his disappearing acts because they get all their scouting footage from the 11 o'clock news. :bigblush:

its gonna be tough to gloss over that one point he's got so far

especially if Bo doesn't hit or score with Jake on his line

37 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Virtanen has been with the Canucks for 6 seasons now. Two different coaching teams. The NHL is not a development league, we can't hold a spot forever hoping that a player will put it all together. He is what he is. Time for JB to move him on. Good luck to Jake in all that he does.

18 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

At this point better to go for draft pick

Lets face it, under the current regime the odds of dropping further down the standings are a lot better than the odds of moving up the standings 

travis now gets to do what he is qualified to do ..... tank commander 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Ah yes, the blame game.  So if someone unemployed manages to turn things around, do we blame previous social workers beforehand for not getting through to them sooner?  Let's not forget about individual responsibility.  Yeah there are factors that play into it, but it sounds pretty naive to me lay blame solely on TG and JB if JV turns it around.  They've tried to work with the guy and have been pretty darn patient....   

they have?

when? 

you mean that one game and one shift he got on Petey's line to start the season?

you remember we won that game.

or the 19 shifts (ya I counted) he played with Bo last game

before being pulled befoore the game ended

when has Jake been treated with any consistancy other than being demoted, often to the press box 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

We have a 9% chance of making the playoffs 

We have a 9% chance of winning the draft lottery 

so frankly this season could not be any worse 

thanks Travis

We’ve never won the lottery. We’ve actually lost positions and got a worse draft pick several times. So our odds of winning the lottery are actually zero. 

We should all thank COVID for allowing us to make the playoffs last year. If we had missed the playoffs then Tampa would have our pick this year. Imagine if this was the one year we won the lottery?  The Canucks would have to set up a suicide hotline for many of our fans and for CDC. 

• RoughGame 1