The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 hours ago, khay said:

Play hard and limit the mistakes. 

All I care at this point is good effort and an entertaining game to watch. 

Would like to see Juolevi play but it seems unlikely as Green is in no mood to develop a prospect with his job on the line.

And if this is true- he should let go right away.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sassbs said:

Zero emotion.   No frustration.  Don’t care what you call it, this man has no hand to play. What I would love to see is maybe the same speech but with some visible distress.  That’s all.    Maybe say.... yes we are playing like hot garbage!   

well that wouldn't help! we don't know what is said in the locker room we are not privy to that,  but to come out to the press and say the team plays like hot garbage or whatever just gives  the media a chance to run their mouths

• Cheers 2

6 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Maybe Hogz and Guadette get something going together. Both have been pretty snake bitten. 

New month, let’s go Canucks

Playing alongside Sutter should help them really light it up. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Slegr said:

It’s been a frustrating season, but I still feel like we’re on the right track. Losing Markstrom and Tanev hurts the most this season, but each season after it’ll feel less so, especially as Demko and some new defensemen become stronger. 
It might be a step back this year, but our foundation is still solid moving forward and we’ll have success soon enough so long as we don’t blow the whole thing up.

i wonder how Markstrom and Tanev would have fared with the schedule we have had. Marky gets injured and so does Tanev or i am thinking they wouldn't  have a good start to the season

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Green played 970 NHL games at a 0.47 ppg which is above the norm by anyone's book. It is the coach's job to manage every player. Green often talks about the influence Al Arbour had on his hockey coaching. In an aborted season like this one I think it is a stretch to suggest that Green is losing it. 3 years of steady progression with a very young core. Who knows if there is something in his personality that won't let him take the team further. It will be Benning who will have to make that call. 

24 games at 8 - 14 - 2. They have ran the spectrum of 7 - 1 win versus 7-1 losses. A leading scorer who has hit a league leading number of cross bars. A key defender, Hamonic, who has played 3 games? Arguably the worse sched in the NHL to start a season. It sounds like I am making excuses but I think there is a lot of truth to suggest that coach Green, who was the toast of the town, last summer during CUP play, has not lost his cred. The season is half done, their are not likely to make playoffs, play out the season. Deal players who are not in the long term plans, develop and evaluate, rotate the prospects thru the lineup. Worry about the coaching staff after the season is over. Draft a top ten player. Sign Podz and Tryamkin asap. Love to see Tryamkin play 10 games this year.      

Sounds like you’re making excuses

3 hours ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, JV doesn't seem to respond well to the staffs tendency of putting him into a specific role.

hmmm, maybe he should join skate canada...the free skate can be up to four minutes and the rules are quite loose - can he land a lutz?

8 minutes ago, Canucksince99 said:

Wonder how that would screw with a players mind. At the end of the day they’re people too. The same way you guys get pissed off they do too. Imagine playing for your hometown team, having a coach that for some reason treats you like $&!# even when you play good and having fans set up a gofundme to help the team trade you. 

Captain Awesome's an idiot.

He's got Tiger Woods memes up - one with him with one leg/golfing.   One with wooden legs ("Tiger's woods").  The guy was in a serious accident and this guy's trying for hits off it.

A real champ this guy.  Classless.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Canucksince99 said:

Wonder how that would screw with a players mind. At the end of the day they’re people too. The same way you guys get pissed off they do too. Imagine playing for your hometown team, having a coach that for some reason treats you like $&!# even when you play good and having fans set up a gofundme to help the team trade you. 

That locker room knows whats going internally.  Hopefully, JV and this roster will have a chance with another staff before any trade happens.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 3