The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnterpeg Jets | March 1, 2021 | 5 p.m. PT | SNP, TVAS

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, lmm said:

they have?

when? 

you mean that one game and one shift he got on Petey's line to start the season?

you remember we won that game.

or the 19 shifts (ya I counted) he played with Bo last game

before being pulled befoore the game ended

when has Jake been treated with any consistancy other than being demoted, often to the press box 

Jake has had plenty of opportunities throughout his time here and everyone knows that. He hasn't risen to the occasion enough, and more importantly hasn't done enough before hand e.g during off the off season to even warrant those opportunities like say a Hoglander or Petersson when they joined the team.  I guarantee you if Jake showed he has a high motor he would get top 6 ice time consistently.  TG even said today he has noticed Jake skating better and wouldn't you know it, he's playing with Horvat.  

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Jake has had plenty of opportunities throughout his time here and everyone knows that. He hasn't risen to the occasion enough, and more importantly hasn't done enough before hand e.g during off the off season to even warrant those opportunities like say a Hoglander or Petersson when they joined the team.  I guarantee you if Jake showed he has a high motor he would get top 6 ice time consistently.  TG even said today he has noticed Jake skating better and wouldn't you know it, he's playing with Horvat.  

which of those opportunities did you like best for Jakes career progression?

btw

he did not finish last game playing with Horvat

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, lmm said:

which of those opportunities did you like best for Jakes career progression?

btw

he did not finish last game playing with Horvat

Career progression?  Lmao.  You're in left field buddy if you think anyone but Jake is responsible for his career progression.  No one is holding the reins back on Jake other than himself.  This is millennial enabling horse$&!# at its finest

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lmm said:

they have?

when? 

you mean that one game and one shift he got on Petey's line to start the season?

you remember we won that game.

or the 19 shifts (ya I counted) he played with Bo last game

before being pulled befoore the game ended

when has Jake been treated with any consistancy other than being demoted, often to the press box 

Its funny fans will give excuses for other players when they are not playing well (i.e. Bo, Boeser, Hughes, Petey)and the Coach will ignore when players such as Petey, Roussel, Pearson and Hughes struggle yet when Jake, Gauds, Mac or OJ make a mistake(or not) they are instantly benched or demoted. 

We struggle yet the Lotto line remains intact and recieve the lions share of ice time and the #1 PP basically plays the full 2 minutes even when they struggle.

This team is not playing as a unit and I wonder why? 

I am frustrated watching how the coach is treating his players I can just imagine how the players feel or how that messes with the chemistry on the team.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Its funny fans will give excuses for other players when they are not playing well (i.e. Bo, Boeser, Hughes, Petey)and the Coach will ignore when players such as Petey, Roussel, Pearson and Hughes struggle yet when Jake, Gauds, Mac or OJ make a mistake(or not) they are instantly benched or demoted. 

We struggle yet the Lotto line remains intact and recieve the lions share of ice time and the #1 PP basically plays the full 2 minutes even when they struggle.

This team is not playing as a unit and I wonder why? 

I am frustrated watching how the coach is treating his players I can just imagine how the players feel or how that messes with the chemistry on the team.

Certain players get free passes, others don’t. This is Green’s version of accountability and hopefully it ends at the same time the season does. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Career progression?  Lmao.  You're in left field buddy if you think anyone but Jake is responsible for his career progression.  No one is holding the reins back on Jake other than himself.  This is millennial enabling horse$&!# at its finest

so you don't have an example better than "everyone knows that" 

to point to 

maybe you could point to one month in time where Jake was not shuffled up and down, in and out of the line up

maybe you could explain to me what it is the coach wants from Jake that would keep him happy

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Everyone? Yeah OK. Jake showed he could produce last year and yet he was demoted back to being a checker. He actually had chemistry with Miller and Petey. That line has basically never tried again. Jake also plays well with Sutter, Green ensures they don't play together anymore. 

You cannot guarantee anything, Jake showed many times he could play but then was demoted as usual.

The playoffs started last year and Jake was benched before it even started! How did he play himself off the roster when the playoffs hadn't even started yet. He was playing during the regular season? 

I can honeslty say Jake has no regular line or regular line mates in the years he has played here, how many of the rest of the Canucks can say that. 

Jake looks beat mentally and I always thought the Coach was there to get the best out of his players, not sure that is happening.

If Green was able to develope this player like he was supposed to do, he would be a force for us and there would be no reason to go after a Toffoli or a Pearson or a Ferlund to compliment our top 6. People look to blame to Jake but he is young player who should have had been brought in an environment that promoted his development. That hasn't happened. 

Edited by EdgarM
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, lmm said:

to point to 

maybe you could point to one month in time where Jake was not shuffled up and down, in and out of the line up

maybe you could explain to me what it is the coach wants from Jake that would keep him happy

How long has Jake played here?  He's had time in the top 6, and he's certainly showed when on the third or fourth line he ought to be bumped up. Don't play dumb, unless...

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Everyone? Yeah OK. Jake showed he could produce last year and yet he was demoted back to being a checker. He actually had chemistry with Miller and Petey. That line has basically never tried again. Jake also plays well with Sutter, Green ensures they don't play together anymore. 

You cannot guarantee anything, Jake showed many times he could play but then was demoted as usual.

The playoffs started last year and Jake was benched before it even started! How did he play himself off the roster when the playoffs hadn't even started yet. He was playing during the regular season? 

I can honeslty say Jake has no regular line or regular line mates in the years he has played here, how many of the rest of the Canucks can say that. 

Jake looks beat mentally and I always thought the Coach was there to get the best out of his players, not sure that is happening.

I've defended Jake probably more than anybody because I know he has more to give and has potential but I'm not going to make excuses for him like you and others seem to want to do.  What $&!#show cdc is

8 minutes ago, lmm said:

to point to 

36B9B974-A7AC-405D-9502-DCC8B86E96E7.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

I've defended Jake probably more than anybody because I know he has more to give and has potential but I'm not going to make excuses for him like you and others seem to want to do.  What $&!#show cdc is

that is ok but you will make excuses for the coach

some of us are not so benevolent

26 minutes ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

But but but wait till the playoffs

10 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

36B9B974-A7AC-405D-9502-DCC8B86E96E7.gif

pretty sure if he did that last week, McD scores 4 goals and Jake gets blamed for poking the bear

if you think that would impress Greener, why in MGoo stapled to the press box?

Edited by lmm
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lmm said:

that is ok but you will make excuses for the coach

some of us are not so benevolent

Focus on the point at issue not your personal dislike for TG.  TG has not held the reins back on JV at all.  It's ridiculous to even consider that at this point 

1 minute ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Focus on the point at issue not your personal dislike for TG.  TG has not held the reins back on JV at all.  It's ridiculous to even consider that at this point 

that would be your opinion

however, I asked you for specifics 

and you give me more opinion