The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Bo will be 28. I wonder how happy he is to know they are that far away from contending? He may well only have a couple of peak years before he declines. What a waste.

Connor McJebus laughs in minus 40 for 8 months of the year.

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Bo will be 28. I wonder how happy he is to know they are that far away from contending? He may well only have a couple of peak years before he declines. What a waste.

How old were Stamkos and hedman last year?

Waaaaste

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Waaaaste

I'd pretty much trade any pieces on this team but Petey and Quinn for Hedman, right now, today, hands down. He's easily the most dominant player in the league. The entire game is dictated by when he's on the ice.

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

I'd pretty much trade any pieces on this team but Petey and Quinn for Hedman, right now, today, hands down. He's easily the most dominant player in the league. The entire game is dictated by when he's on the ice.

Honestly it just takes time. I dont see anyone like that one the canucks. But to think our core is in its prime right now is ridiculous. Half of the core have less than 3 yrs experience. Hedman and stammer have been in the league for a decade. Even think to when the twins were dominate. 29? 30? That's later than imo but I agree with JB when he said that you win with players at their peak at 27 yrs old. 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, combover said:

Hope we can pull another win using him bennings “day to day plan “:picard:

it would be sad if we waited to long and “ ran out of time” to get the deal done. 
it’s ok thou because “every team has bad contracts” 

“Travis Is doing a great job” oh so that’s why he hasn’t been extended.

but  don’t worry we’ll be “ really competitive in two years.” 

huh 9 years hope no one goes back to his comments 7 years ago when he clearly stated

That wouldn’t be us with a 10 year tebuild. 

Just hope the young guys keep it going.

When he said day to day he was referring to on the ice, you know take it game by game and try to battle back into the race.

The media needs clicks and turned it into a hit piece.

7 hours ago, combover said:

Hope we can pull another win using him bennings “day to day plan “:picard:

it would be sad if we waited to long and “ ran out of time” to get the deal done. 
it’s ok thou because “every team has bad contracts” 

“Travis Is doing a great job” oh so that’s why he hasn’t been extended.

but  don’t worry we’ll be “ really competitive in two years.” 

huh 9 years hope no one goes back to his comments 7 years ago when he clearly stated

That wouldn’t be us with a 10 year tebuild. 

Just hope the young guys keep it going.

If anything, the state of this franchise in 2021 should be a testament to just how badly Mike Gillis mangled it.

It's taken this long, just to get back to here.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

We have not been consistent all season

lets see if we actually are “turning the corner” tonight 

will he a major test 

Yes, I don't think the Canucks have done anything to convince me that they have turned the corner. The only stand outs are Demko, and Hoglander. The rest of the team has been meh, at best. A win tonight is good, but for some reason I am not expecting much. There's absolutely no consistency on this team, and no indication from coaching or management that there's ever going to be any coming. 

17 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Waaaaste

Hedman was 29 and Stamkos was 30 before they won their first Cup. Ovechkin was 32.  Joe Sakic was 27.  Steve Yzerman was 32.  Nicklas Lidstrom was 27. 

Poor BO. He may not win a Cup until he’s 28. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1