The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Toronto Maple Leaves | March 6, 2021 | 4 p.m. PT | CBC, SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

I really hope Jake plays well again, he’s been on a six or so game stretch of improvements. Sounds so cliche but it starts with the little things, finishing checks for one. I remember when Kesler came into the league watching a game with my dad I said something like “this guys gonna be good” and a few moments later he split the D and had a wide open shot at the net and hit the freaking glass behind the goalie. Point is sure he’s taking the long road there but I disagree with “Jakes got the tool box but no tools” he’s got huge confidence issues imo. When he gets put on the top two lines he plays at first like he’s afraid to make a mistake. Same when he’s put on the fourth.. guys a mental case I think. Over thinks too much.. once he plays confidently it’s amazing the difference. 

sorry for the rant but I’m aloud to drink on the weekends so I’m hoping I can shotgun tonight! Go nucks! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

I really hope Jake plays well again, he’s been on a six or so game stretch of improvements. Sounds so cliche but it starts with the little things, finishing checks for one. I remember when Kesler came into the league watching a game with my dad I said something like “this guys gonna be good” and a few moments later he split the D and had a wide open shot at the net and hit the freaking glass behind the goalie. Point is sure he’s taking the long road there but I disagree with “Jakes got the tool box but no tools” he’s got huge confidence issues imo. When he gets put on the top two lines he plays at first like he’s afraid to make a mistake. Same when he’s put on the fourth.. guys a mental case I think. Over thinks too much.. once he plays confidently it’s amazing the difference. 

sorry for the rant but I’m aloud to drink on the weekends so I’m hoping I can shotgun tonight! Go nucks! 

Good points, last game his engagement was very high; perhaps pre game he knew, he was playing top 6 with guaranteed minutes and he was able to focus on just playing (?).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Why does everyone say we cannot make the playoffs? We need to be in 4th place and we have 20ish games to do it.

I would rather go into the playoffs hot than cold.

Because the team in 4th plays the team in 5th. We need to jump both of them. 4th vs 5th are guranteed points going the wrong way.

With that math Vancouver would need to go on an unrealistic run.

• Cheers 1

Hope we can pull another win using him bennings “day to day plan “:picard:

it would be sad if we waited to long and “ ran out of time” to get the deal done. 
it’s ok thou because “every team has bad contracts” 

“Travis Is doing a great job” oh so that’s why he hasn’t been extended.

but  don’t worry we’ll be “ really competitive in two years.” 

huh 9 years hope no one goes back to his comments 7 years ago when he clearly stated

That wouldn’t be us with a 10 year tebuild. 

Just hope the young guys keep it going.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Good points, last game his engagement was very high; perhaps pre game he knew, he was playing top 6 with guaranteed minutes and he was able to focus on just playing (?).

I think so, his facial expressions say it all he’s not fretting on anything right now and it shows. Some handle the pressure well some don’t. Just hope he can continue to show up

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, combover said:

Hope we can pull another win using him bennings “day to day plan “:picard:

it would be sad if we waited to long and “ ran out of time” to get the deal done. 
it’s ok thou because “every team has bad contracts” 

“Travis Is doing a great job” oh so that’s why he hasn’t been extended.

but  don’t worry we’ll be “ really competitive in two years.” 

huh 9 years hope no one goes back to his comments 7 years ago when he clearly stated

That wouldn’t be us with a 10 year tebuild. 

Just hope the young guys keep it going.

Benning with the PR answers as usual but what do expect “ yeah Greens gone in eight weeks” lol can’t do that nowadays 

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Because the team in 4th plays the team in 5th. We need to jump both of them. 4th vs 5th are guranteed points going the wrong way.

With that math Vancouver would need to go on an unrealistic run.

That is not going to be for the rest of the season. Plus one will lose which means we move up on one.

We have a few games on hand on Mon which means they have some back to backs coming up. They are going to lose some of those and get beat up going down the stretch.

I also do not believe that Calgary is going to have its problems solved with Sutter this time.

This stretch favors us in my opinion.