The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The I Have Mixed Feelings About Travis Green ChoasThread 3000

Rate this topic

BertaNuck

Wooohoo!!

On one hand I like what he's done to develop the core.

He seems like a great communicator for the young players.

On the other hand, I wish he rewarded young players over the overplayed vets the same way he rewards young goalies in the crease, or at least be consistent with the amount of rope he gives them.

I also wished that he uses a time out.

He also needs to have a better eye at hiring assistants.

Very mixed

it's always sunny in philadelphia charlie GIF

Edited by DSVII
  • Haha 1

Does anyone know what is the main strategy behind Green's mixing of lines mid game? Which pretty much occurs EVERY GAME lately. 

There just doesn't seem to be any "Chemistry" between players anymore. 

I can see maybe at the END of the Game when you need more Offense or you need extra Defense but it seems like a startegy he employs very early on in a game. 

I also notice he never plays the "Hot Hand" when a player is having a great game when he can maybe "Double Shift" them when possible.

I think it goes along with his deployment of "time outs" where it just makes you scratch your head at some of his decisions. 

I don't profess to be an NHL coach but maybe some others can explain these oddities, thanks

I'm in the camp of "He's done well to get where we are, but I don't think he's the guy to take us to the next step. Our deficiencies are not changing or improving despite the wins; we still suck at the end of the 1st and pretty much entire second periods consistently and that's been the case dating to last year.

We aren't magically getting a different team of players during those periods so ... something is not working and he obviously can't fix it.

Meaning, someone with new ideas should say hello.

It's not "TG Hate" at all, don't get that idea... but I think he's capped out as far as he can take us. Thanks for your service, wish you the best "somewhere else".

• Cheers 4

3 hours ago, brownky said:

I'm in the camp of "He's done well to get where we are, but I don't think he's the guy to take us to the next step. Our deficiencies are not changing or improving despite the wins; we still suck at the end of the 1st and pretty much entire second periods consistently and that's been the case dating to last year.

We aren't magically getting a different team of players during those periods so ... something is not working and he obviously can't fix it.

Meaning, someone with new ideas should say hello.

It's not "TG Hate" at all, don't get that idea... but I think he's capped out as far as he can take us. Thanks for your service, wish you the best "somewhere else".

This!  TG has bee successful for this young team, but as a first time NHL coach, his time is up for us and it's time for a more established name coach. Someone like Trotts!

27 minutes ago, Sativika said:

This!  TG has bee successful for this young team, but as a first time NHL coach, his time is up for us and it's time for a more established name coach. Someone like Trotts!

I agree, 8 seasons with ROOKIE Coaching has been long enough, time to go back to the big leaguers. Go back to Developing the prospects in the minors and get a coach who can build a Championship Team in the NHL. The building blocks are there, they just need to be honed in to perfection now. 

Might be time for JB too, he has brought us great prospects but he is just not very good at the other responsibilities of a GM.

Edited by EdgarM