The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fans In The Stands Being Discussed

Rate this topic

-DLC-

On 3/23/2021 at 1:25 PM, gurn said:

Ok here are some stats. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/canadians-age-85-and-older-account-for-over-half-of-excess-deaths-amid-covid-19-statcan-1.5205790

"

Between March and June 2020, as COVID-19 spread across the country, Canada saw an estimated 7,576 excess deaths. That figure refers to deaths that exceed the number that would normally be expected during any given period of time.

Of these excess deaths, StatCan found that 52 per cent were individuals age 85 and older, 36 per cent were aged 65-84 and 12 per cent were younger than 65."

52 % of 7,576 equals 3,939.52   of 85 and up

36% of 7,576 equals 2,727.36    of 65-84

12% of 7,576 equals  90.12        of younger than 65

Yep, looks like what linden 17 posted:

" You know how many people outside of long term care homes have died from it in Canada? Just over two hundred. .

was disgustingly dishonest crap.

4 months in 2020.

4 months in 2020, not the whole damn pandemic, but four months.

People seem too focused on death counts too much.  The current B.117 Variant going around (A.K.A. as the U.K./London Covid) is mainly attacking young people between 20 and 39 Y.O. and is 70% more transmittable than regular covid ...........and.don't forget about "the official confirmed 31-33% of all people that get Covid have "LongHaul symptoms" (see list below) that's going to result in millions of people having a life changing souvenir of Covid - do you want one of these souvenirs?

So next time, think twice before not following health Orders.  It may save your life as you know it or be ready  to pay the piper!  This is REAL SH!T!!!

Long Haul Covid Symptoms:

• fatigue
  • shortness of breath
  • cough
  • joint pain
  • chest pain

Other reported long-term symptoms include:

• difficulty with thinking and concentration (aka “brain fog”)
  • depression
  • muscle pain
  • headache
  • intermittent fever
  • fast beating or pounding heart

Then there are more serious long-term complications, which appear to be less common, but have been reported. These include:

• inflammation of the heart muscle
  • lung function abnormalities
  • acute kidney injury
  • rash, hair loss
  • smell and taste problems
  • memory problems
  • anxiety
  • changes in mood
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

All the players are safe

The league is just being extra careful and vigilant 

I bet if they allowed social distanced fans it wouldn't affect the numbers.

The restrictions are a joke and make no sense. Cactus club is packing people in on the patio where its no different than eating inside.

Funny enough, wineries are exempt from the restriction ban and Bonnie owns one...

This government has got to go. Covid has highlighted that for sure 

100%

I am starting to really hate this media and government. So many scare tactics with their stats. Yes, there is no denying this Covid will take those elderly/vulnerable  more so than a typical flu but once the vulnerable are vaccinated,  things should open up completely.

You can guarantee that the stats of folks dying of heart disease and other illnesses have gone down because they have been replaced by “Covid”. A play with stats to fit the government’s narrative.

This bone head Boney flipped flopped and made policies that were hypocritical from the start. It never should have been this prevalent if she and the government did what needed to be done from the beginning. She first said no to masks,  saying they were ineffective and would cause it to spread more! I can’t believe they just implemented the schools to be mandatory just a couple months ago! Schools, where kids would be obvious super spreaders to other families. Then there was the border issue where they allowed inter provincial travel from provinces that had 10 times out cases and we had barely any.

Also this ridiculously slow vaccination roll out is frustrating to watch. Total incompetence. 

• Cheers 3

13 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

People seem too focused on death counts too much.  The current B.117 Variant going around (A.K.A. as the U.K./London Covid) is mainly attacking young people between 20 and 39 Y.O. and is 70% more transmittable than regular covid ...........and.don't forget about "the official confirmed 31-33% of all people that get Covid have "LongHaul symptoms" (see list below) that's going to result in millions of people having a life changing souvenir of Covid - do you want one of these souvenirs?

So next time, think twice before not following health Orders.  It may save your life as you know it or be ready  to pay the piper!  This is REAL SH!T!!!

Long Haul Covid Symptoms:

• fatigue
  • shortness of breath
  • cough
  • joint pain
  • chest pain

Other reported long-term symptoms include:

• difficulty with thinking and concentration (aka “brain fog”)
  • depression
  • muscle pain
  • headache
  • intermittent fever
  • fast beating or pounding heart

Then there are more serious long-term complications, which appear to be less common, but have been reported. These include:

• inflammation of the heart muscle
  • lung function abnormalities
  • acute kidney injury
  • rash, hair loss
  • smell and taste problems
  • memory problems
  • anxiety
  • changes in mood

I have to say I was somewhat shocked when I got a return email from The B.C. CDC saying they were not tracking long haulers.

Sent out my query on Oct 20/20 

"Hi:

I’m searching for  government/cdc numbers regarding the numbers of people that are possibly permanently disabled by surviving Covid-19.

I’ve seen it alleged that many people end up with heart and lung problems but am unable to find verifiable data.

Hope you can provide a link.

and got this reply on Oct 29/20

This information is not currently collected by the BCCDC.

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, grandmaster said:

100%

I am starting to really hate this media and government. So many scare tactics with their stats. Yes, there is no denying this Covid will take those elderly/vulnerable  more so than a typical flu but once the vulnerable are vaccinated,  things should open up completely.

You can guarantee that the stats of folks dying of heart disease and other illnesses have gone down because they have been replaced by “Covid”. A play with stats to fit the government’s narrative.

This bone head Boney flipped flopped and made policies that were hypocritical from the start. It never should have been this prevalent if she and the government did what needed to be done from the beginning. She first said no to masks,  saying they were ineffective and would cause it to spread more! I can’t believe they just implemented the schools to be mandatory just a couple months ago! Schools, where kids would be obvious super spreaders to other families. Then there was the border issue where they allowed inter provincial travel from provinces that had 10 times out cases and we had barely any.

Also this ridiculously slow vaccination roll out is frustrating to watch. Total incompetence. 

100%.

I have a friend who's grandma had terminal cancer and was on an assisted suicide list living in palliative care and she passed away last year. But months before she passed she contracted covid and they deemed her life a covid death.

The numbers are skewed

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

100%.

I have a friend who's grandma had terminal cancer and was on an assisted suicide list living in palliative care and she passed away last year. But months before she passed she contracted covid and they deemed her life a covid death.

The numbers are skewed

Some countries (China, Russia) have tried very hard to play down their Covid situation. And yet in other countries (us, US), the government is doing its best to exaggerate and try to make it look as bad as possible. Interesting indeed.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

100%.

The numbers are skewed

Qanon stupidity in da hizzouuuse.

• RoughGame 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2021 at 8:09 PM, 10pavelbure96 said:

100%.

The numbers are skewed

unless she died from a covid-related complication. 

21 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Everyone needs to "step-up" and get their shots so we can put this virus into the history books otherwise we'll be playing cat & mouse with shutdowns, mask and quarantines for years to come.    So please do your part and get the vaccine once you're eligible to get one.  We wiped out many other very serious diseases with vaccines in the past and this will be no different. 

• Vintage 1

12,000 fans in the stands tonight at the Carolina game.  

Florida's had big events for a while now.  

Let's go BC! 

On 5/17/2021 at 6:30 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

12,000 fans in the stands tonight at the Carolina game.  

Florida's had big events for a while now.  

Let's go BC! 

Yeah, it is baffling watching games from different states in the US and how different each ones are to each other - go figure ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski