The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

14 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

I don't discredit everything about Myers.

I've said I wouldn't mind the guy if he was paid like a bottom-pairing D-man because that's how he's deployed and that's how he performs.

I'd say the same things about a guy like Stecher if he was paid 6M, but he's not, he's paid 1.7M.

Nothing personal against the player, I wouldn't rag on him or any other player that plays up to or at least close to their cap-hit.

Weird that a bottom pairing dman has the second most ice time on the team. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Weird that a bottom pairing dman has the second most ice time on the team. 

Sorry, are you arguing for or against Myers?

Because yes, Myers playing too much is one of the main reasons we are ass, especially defensively.

Glad you're starting to see the light.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

Sorry, are you arguing for or against Myers?

Because yes, Myers playing too much is one of the main reasons we are ass, especially defensively.

Glad you're starting to see the light.

More smarm. 

Just now, kanucks25 said:

No, it's actually a real argument.

Bad players that play a lot = bad team.

False narrative is false. Blaming a bad team on one player is a false narrative. Ignoring facts leads to false narratives and confirmation biases. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

False narrative is false. Blaming a bad team on one player is a false narrative. Ignoring facts leads to false narratives and confirmation biases. 

Except I didn't do anything close to blaming just Myers for our poor play.

Complete strawman. I provide enough content for you to argue against, no need to argue against yourself.

9 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

True, but it keeps being parroted around here that we’re as brutal as Buffalo. 

The truth is we re-tooled to give the Sedins one last hurrah from 2013-2017. It didn't pan out and rebuild started 2017/18 until this season and beyond. 

Buffalo on the other hand has been rebuilding since 2011 after their 3 year re-tool. 

Indeed, it was so obvious the window for the Nucks closed after the 2013 season, yet our fear to rebuild set us back a good 4 years. It's unfortunate because the resurgence and talent pool would look different today. We can only change forward and I think the future is bright. Draft Powers, get better on special teams, stop being so predicable (coaching?), manage the cap wisely, and the next window will open soon. Hopefully before Dad passes he's been following since the beginning of time.

• Cheers 2

You guys know I love to support our boys no matter what and not say anything bad about em... 

But looking back at it, don't you wish they let Copp just put in a 5th goal? Pretty selfish, who cares at that point? :lol:

To be fair they all millionaires and don't realize that there's someone out there whose life they could have drastically changed... And I guess they wanted to save face and show pride... But with 20 seconds left, just give it to Copp and let him tuck it into empty netter.

100k is still amazing... Just a shame it's not 1mill 

I hope this Marcella is someone who really needed it. Love that even in defeat our team managed to help someone. But yea major shame Jimmy Pattison didn't haven't to cough up the extra 900k 

• Marcella C
    Winnipeg, MB,
    $100,000

On 3/24/2021 at 10:56 PM, Devron44 said:

What do you do on your evenings when there’s no Canucks? 

Go watch the NCAA hockey Frozen 8. NHL draft picks and future stars are playing for their shot at a Championship after last year’s shot was cancelled due to Covid. Highly motivated group!

Watch and enter the fan vote for the Final-three in the Hobey-Baker fan vote, too...to give you a more invested interest. 

I like the heavy BCHL-connections of the Chilliwack Chiefs & Penticton Vees to UND. Boeser & Stecher both played  for UND the last time their school won a National Championship. Shane Pinto of UND is currently favored for the Hobey Baker. Jordan Kawaguchi, the current Capt’n. of UND, ex-Chilliwack Chiefs Capt’n, was a top-3 Hobey consideration last season & turned down offers to return as a senior, to lead/compete for this year’s Championship. Where he goes after this is still unknown? He’s a heart & soul Mr. Clutch player whom I’ve watched for years, and I’m wishing him well! 

Games are televised with excellent  commentary. Check it all out! 

Edited by viking mama
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

If you wanted a significant change Trading Horvat for a grade A winger and slotting Miller as #2 centre would be an option. Package in Virtanen for a defensive centre. 

You don’t believe Horvat has more upside than Miller?

You’d sell him?

I’m gob-smacked.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

If you wanted a significant change Trading Horvat for a grade A winger and slotting Miller as #2 centre would be an option. Package in Virtanen for a defensive centre. 

That’s gross

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Jordan Kawaguchi

I’m in some keeper league fantasy pools and I’ve had my eye on the kid but didn’t understand why he hasn’t been signed by an NHL. That’s a lot of heart if he turned down offers.

Where is the Frozen 8 televised?