The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

34 minutes ago, DS4quality said:

If you made the bet you would have been wrong, Ralph Kruger won... Er lost, Er... I dunno 

I would have bet against him being fired anyways, Vancouver has never been very proactive but good to know we have the coach picked most likely to be fired, that’s a heck of a bright future.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Devron44 said:

A person comparing Stecher to Myers is a lost cause and I freaking love Stecher. Wish him all the best but It’s not even close 

Ehh, so you think a 2 mill players should be comparable with a 6 mill player?

The only thing Myers have that is better than Stecher is that he is big. 
I rather take those 4 mill and add Scmidts 6 mill and take a really good defenceplayer for 10 mill. 
if I can’t get him this year I got one year more to get him. 
Now we’re half stuck with 2 six mill players instead, that don’t change games for us. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I rather take those 4 mill and add Scmidts 6 mill and take a really good defenceplayer for 10 mill. 
Now we’re half stuck with 2 six mill players instead, that don’t change games for us. 

Yeah I’d go and get us Karlsson with Schmidt and Myers salary. Look at the Sharks and the success that they are enjoying with EK and his 11.5 mill salary. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, khay said:

Yeah I’d go and get us Karlsson with Schmidt and Myers salary. Look at the Sharks and the success that they are enjoying with EK and his 11.5 mill salary. 

Karsson couldnt be a player for our window, too old 
it must be a player like Shea Theodore or something like that.

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Can we all agree that size does matter. It was very evident during the play offs, that when Myers went down the team was struggling badly, trying to cope with the hard play. We’ve been lacking size/strength/nastiness, while being able to play, forever and Myers does bring some of that. Maybe in hindsight 6M is above, but if you want UFA’s others want, you’ve got to pay.... as we get better and becomes play offs team, it will most likely be possible to get players like Myers at a lower cost. The 7x7m was being thrown around a lot prior to him signing here. Was even posted a few days ago. 

• Cheers 3

26 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Can we all agree that size does matter. It was very evident during the play offs, that when Myers went down the team was struggling badly, trying to cope with the hard play. We’ve been lacking size/strength/nastiness, while being able to play, forever and Myers does bring some of that. Maybe in hindsight 6M is above, but if you want UFA’s others want, you’ve got to pay.... as we get better and becomes play offs team, it will most likely be possible to get players like Myers at a lower cost. The 7x7m was being thrown around a lot prior to him signing here. Was even posted a few days ago. 

I believe we sacrifice the possibility to sign a really good dman just because we stuff us with half good 6 mill signings. 

I rather have 2 really good d men as Hughes and one more. 

That means Edler, Myers and Scmidts cap is too much. Stecher and Tanev were what we needed on rhd with the addition of a 10 mill player. 

Can we afford a second pairing dman for 6 mill?

If not I think you answered what we should do with Myers. 

Stecher as a third pairing rhd is really good valuewise

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Better to have two undersized guys on the blueline that can play (which Stecher has shown he can handle top 4 minutes at least on a temporary basis in the past for us when he was paired up with Hutton) vs two big slugs who can’t.  Sure you take size *IF* said players have the same skill.

Yeah if they are slugs... 

But I don't think we have any slugs. 

36 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I believe we sacrifice the possibility to sign a really good dman just because we stuff us with half good 6 mill signings. 

I rather have 2 really good d men as Hughes and one more. 

That means Edler, Myers and Scmidts cap is too much. Stecher and Tanev were what we needed on rhd with the addition of a 10 mill player. 

Can we afford a second pairing dman for 6 mill?

If not I think you answered what we should do with Myers. 

Stecher as a third pairing rhd is really good valuewise

Edler will be gone this Summer regardless. Stecher is not strong enough (I like Stecher). 
Tanev is the question mark. 4,5 x 4.... Last year Tanev was healthy but prior to that he has always been out for large periods of time. Will he be able stay healthy and play ti this level for the next 4 years? If he does, he would have been worth the 4,5M but it goes against everything people have been complaining about.

I think, we’re better off with getting Trym back and finding a younger Tanev to play with Myers. 
Regarding acquiring 10M d man.... only problem is, if it goes pear shaped it would be the mother of all anchors...

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Edler will be gone this Summer regardless. Stecher is not strong enough (I like Stecher). 
Tanev is the question mark. 4,5 x 4.... Last year Tanev was healthy but prior to that he has always been out for large periods of time. Will he be able stay healthy and play ti this level for the next 4 years? If he does, he would have been worth the 4,5M but it goes against everything people have been complaining about.

I think, we’re better off with getting Trym back and finding a younger Tanev to play with Myers. 
Regarding acquiring 10M d man.... only problem is, if it goes pear shaped it would be the mother of all anchors...

Every big contract can get pear shaped. 

The important factor is that he has to be young.

• Vintage 1

7 hours ago, viking mama said:

Our centres, especially Bo, should be nearly untouchable as trade fodder. 

They are so hard to come by, just like RH shooting D-men, which are also rare. Yet, these are the very  commodities that Benning seems willing to toss aside easier than snot-flavoured jelly-beans. 

"Toss aside"? You mean when JB made the intelligent decision to replace an aging injury prone Dman and a big hearted but physically too small Dman with significantly more useful upgrades? You would seriously rather have Tanev and Stecher than Schmidt and Hamonic? Wow.

• Cheers 4

7 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I would have bet against him being fired anyways, Vancouver has never been very proactive but good to know we have the coach picked most likely to be fired, that’s a heck of a bright future.

Remember when Rick Ley took over the bench...and poor Quin had to fire his buddy and go back to work.    

6 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

"Toss aside"? You mean when JB made the intelligent decision to replace an aging injury prone Dman and a big hearted but physically too small Dman with significantly more useful upgrades? You would seriously rather have Tanev and Stecher than Schmidt and Hamonic? Wow.

Team needs to get better not the same.  The "same" from last year against the "same" teams... well we'd for sure have the best odds at first overall. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Karsson couldnt be a player for our window, too old 
it must be a player like Shea Theodore or something like that.

Too bad we didn't just draft Theodore eh...was really hoping we took him in his draft year but we took Shinkaruk instead...drafted too much F's in the past and not enough D, which are harder to find the gems or get them in trade without giving up lots

11 hours ago, aGENT said:

I wouldn't have guessed we'd be was bad as we have been (and I don't think our record is indicative of the actual quality of our roster) but CAR is a pretty damn good team. 

Thank you. You would have had to been blind to the NHL the last couple years for that to surprise. CAR definitely one of the best teams in the league.

• Cheers 3

22 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Too bad we didn't just draft Theodore eh...was really hoping we took him in his draft year but we took Shinkaruk instead...drafted too much F's in the past and not enough D, which are harder to find the gems or get them in trade without giving up lots

Did we have a shot at him that draft?

6 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Myers won the Calder and entered the league a lot earlier.   Statiscally he's right on par with Edler over his career, except he scores a little more often.   So i guess we should have found a team for Edler and kept Stecher?  Or kept him and not traded for Schmidt?   This is so ridiculous it's almost beyond responding too.   Like your obsession with LE.   It's pretty bad.    Stetcher might not even get another job after his contract, but Myers will still be playing, and if he keeps it up, get another one if he wants it. 

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Myers won the Calder and entered the league a lot earlier.   Statiscally he's right on par with Edler over his career, except he scores a little more often.   So i guess we should have found a team for Edler and kept Stecher?  Or kept him and not traded for Schmidt?   This is so ridiculous it's almost beyond responding too.   Like your obsession with LE.   It's pretty bad.    Stetcher might not even get another job after his contract, but Myers will still be playing, and if he keeps it up, get another one if he wants it. 

How am I obsessed with Loui?

some posters here are obsessed with size. 

I say we should have used the money on Schmidt and Myers to get a real gamechanger. Then Stecher is valued as a third pair. Nothing more. 
stecher is of better value than Myers.

Is that so strange?

42 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Myers has never been close to Edler’s level defensively.