The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Winnipeg Jets | March 24, 2021 | 7:30 p.m. PT | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

You're confused.

David Booth was the "one weird dude".:P

SOOOO weird.  More than I imagined (I've seen some of his recent Twitter posts.  Unfortunately).  Sure glad he's gone.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

I think he’s good enough but he needs another coach that let him play as he should. 
So if he’s traded to the right coach he can succeed

I’ve gone back and forth on this for a long time. I felt for a while that Green might have whipped the big hitting, fun-loving reckless style out of him by enforcing positional responsibility. Maybe others are right and I have it all back-assward but I think it’s time to find out by moving on. 

6 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

"Toss aside"? You mean when JB made the intelligent decision to replace an aging injury prone Dman and a big hearted but physically too small Dman with significantly more useful upgrades? You would seriously rather have Tanev and Stecher than Schmidt and Hamonic? Wow.

There were some intangibles to those ‘tossed’ D-men we’ve mentioned here.

The “Hamonic Effect” referenced by that player’s previous fan bases, has referred to his headspace, or tendency to be distracted, inconsistent or simply out of sync with his teammates.

Neither of the D-men ‘tossed’ or shown the proverbial door are spoken about in these terms, by Canucks Nation. In fact, among the chief compliments given to Tanev & Stecher are that both are intelligent players, extremely hard-working, consistent,  coachably-focused & persons of outstanding character & leadership, who could be counted upon to be wonderful assets to any dressing room and/or organization. They were thinking the game at high speed. Their analytics have also impressed.

Perhaps bringing Hamonic out west will see more of his personal or off-ice concerns eased, but we must wait to see what other kinds of intangibles he can offer-up to his newest team, or if they will be as signifigant, helpful & noteworthy.

I know less of Schmidt’s stature in this regard, but he is not a RH Shooting D-man. I believe losing 2 solid top-6 RHD shots impacted VAN’s team chemistry & adjustment time, leading to some pretty dire consequences in the standings for VAN in this shortened/condensed season. 

Losing these signifigant assets without compensation impacted the team more deeply than most realize. Timing is everything. JB’s asset management/timing, in many cases, has been far from ideal. 

Edited by viking mama

I honestly wish they'd not do pressers and just focus at this point.  What more is there to say?

Sure, report lineup changes (or not) but the rest is just getting to be redundant.  19 games left, put your head down and GO.  See what happens.

• Cheers 1