The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GetWellThread] Vancouver Canucks vs. Edmonton Oilers | April 16 | 6 p.m. | SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

4 minutes ago, Me_ said:

If anyone is into black humour...

All future Canucks contracts should come down 10-30%... 

The anti-Benning folks should like that...

:shock:

Or just make games 42 minutes long.

sorry.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Yeah I’m not talking about hospitals etc. Pretty sure the Canucks have the proper care.

That’s why it’s so serious is the amount of people it effects.

Not talking about the same thing here

Im talking about “it effects young people now” like I said, Sickest I’ve ever been was when I was in my early 20’s twice. Long before the pandemic 

Yes, but Canucks aside, young people will be affected by these things if they get covid. If things get out of hand and a young person can’t get oxygen or can’t be put on a respirator because there aren’t any available outcomes will be even worse. I guess my point is that when you were ill in Peru what might your outcome have been if hospitals and treatments were unavailable?

20 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Just turned on the Blue Jays game (in Texas).  Full stadium, next to nobody wearing a mask.  I just can't.

It's wild.  I thought it was highlights at first.  Nope games on.  Well at least they will be able to provide us data, as to virus spread at a time 28% have had one dose.  

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

27 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

So basically they all have it but some are still asymptomatic.

Of course, “quarantena”in Italian means Forty.

As in forty days.

But what do the Italians know... they’ve just been there for 2,000+ years.

If a plague comes every 100ish years, well that’s 20 plagues in practice.

But who’s counting.

Edited by Me_

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Yes, but Canucks aside, young people will be affected by these things if they get covid. If things get out of hand and a young person can’t get oxygen or can’t be put on a respirator because there aren’t any available outcomes will be even worse. I guess my point is that when you were ill in Peru what might your outcome have been if hospitals and treatments were unavailable?

I should have been in a hospital but wasn’t I stayed in a hotel for 3 days. I don’t want to go into complete details as it would be against forum guidelines but I’ll always remember it. Other then other activities I’d prefer not to mention it was the closest to death I’ve ever felt. 

They other time I was able to get into the hospital and they treated me like crap like I had a cold or something. I did get IV which I was great full for but I was in tears couldn’t take it anymore. I’ve probably had the flu a dozen times or so but nothing like these 2 events

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

So, how did Boeser and Miller NOT catch this? Do they have super-human genes or something? Is there something we don't understand (in terms of science) going on there? Or just a fluke?

There isn’t enough Covid for everyone to go around...

Edited by Me_
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

So, how did Boeser and Miller NOT catch this? Do they have super-human genes or something? Is there something we don't understand (in terms of science) going on there? Or just a fluke?

breathed out instead of breathing in at the exact right moment. 

15 minutes ago, gizmo2337 said:

Boes has contracted Petey's alien powers?  Must have passed it to Millsy too.

Sorry, just had to.

• Cheers 1

It may be a matter of Miller and Boeser and the other negatives already having a mild version during off season and having the antibodies already.  Notable that both Benn and Miller had the pre season situation and have so far evaded it now.  Shrug, no way for us to know at this point.

• Vintage 2

1 hour ago, gizmo2337 said:

Blood type?

Neither was the next guy into the washroom, after the original carrier?

The studies being done, and yet to be done will be fascinating, from a medical perspective.

3 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Odds are they will fully recover, yet somehow I’m the villain for believing it, crazy days.

You're not a villain. This is just a bit much is all. 17 players. Someone won't fully recover out of that. Highly likely all of them won't fully recover, and if they do, not for a long, long time.

I keep thinking of Chris Cuomo of CNN who got attacked in the brain by Covid and sometimes he talks about how he still has problems. And he's as close to being an athlete without being one.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

I forgot that Miller and Benn were exposed earlier in the season. And I think Jake was at home sick (with something else) for that practice day at the rink?

That leaves Boeser, Schmidt, and Vessy as the super-human gene carriers with all the answers to Covid we have been looking for! 

canucks1.thumb.png.e4180daa349f054f1b29f5edfb55fd14.png

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, gizmo2337 said:

I forgot that Miller and Benn were exposed earlier in the season. And I think Jake was at home sick (with something else) for that practice day at the rink?

That leaves Boeser, Schmidt, and Vessy as the super-human gene carriers with all the answers to Covid we have been looking for! 

canucks1.thumb.png.e4180daa349f054f1b29f5edfb55fd14.png

So basically.....

Fire Green?

(Not directed at you)