The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Flames trade David Rittich to Maple Leafs for 2022 3rd-round pick

Seems like they added a lot of grit these couple of seasons (Simmonds, Bogosian, Muzzin, Foligno, Riley Nash) and skilled veteran depth (Spezza, Thornton, Galchenyuk...).

Would be interesting to see if they added enough to get over the hump. 

48 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

You know that they are actually #8 in the league in least goals scored on. A lineup of Rielly, Brodie, Muzzin, Holl, Bogosian, and Dermott is not bad. 

Only Brodie and Muzzin are able to play NHL quality defense at that point.  Rielly in particular is absolute trash in his own zone.  Any lineup with him playing big minues is going to get torched in the playoffs.

4 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Seems like they added a lot of grit these couple of seasons (Simmonds, Bogosian, Muzzin, Foligno, Riley Nash) and skilled veteran depth (Spezza, Thornton, Galchenyuk...).

Would be interesting to see if they added enough to get over the hump. 

On paper, I believe they have. If anything, I'd be worried about changing the chemistry *too* much. But he's added the one element Toronto was lacking... grit. I think the Leafs have a good a chance as any to win the cup.

Although I'm betting they don't.

• Vintage 1

This move must be an Andersson safe-guard or Campbell.    Dubas must have crunched the numbers and Foligno and Rittich must have come out of his computer...1,3,4,4..... so far...he's still got some picks the following year lol...

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

This move must be an Andersson safe-guard or Campbell.    Dubas must have crunched the numbers and Foligno and Rittich must have come out of his computer...1,3,4,4..... so far...he's still got some picks the following year lol...

tenor-2.gif

• Haha 1