The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Adam Gaudette to Blackhawks for Matthew Highmore

1 hour ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

You are full of it... and continually repeating your lies doesn't change anything.

I never said Calgary would be a contender, in fact multiple times I 'wondered' if this could happen.

The facts are there... Both Markstrom and Tanev have been good assets aquired for Calgary... the rest of the team has continued its decline.

The problem is Gaudreau, Monahan, Tkachuk and Backlund have continued to decline in their production.

It was predictable that Giordano would decline, he is in the last stages of his career, but in the case of Calgary's big four offensive players, they are all in their best years... there is no excuse for their goal and point production to fall off a cliff.

So you're changing your argument now, from "Benning handed a cup to Calgary", to making excuses about why they are only two points ahead.

Markstrom and Tanev don't appear to be solutions for Calgary either. Or another way of looking at this, they weren't as big of a loss to the Canucks as originally thought.

So how about addressing the pictures that show how wrong you were, instead of making excuses? You were critical of Benning for the wrong reasons, and now you seem to be insisting your position, despite being called out.

• Cheers 3

9 hours ago, Dazzle said:

A lot of these players have hustle. I am really excited to see how much better they'll help our veteran players like Sutter. I am starting to think that Gaudette was weighing down Sutter's line all this time.

I was defending the bottom 6 all season on Twitter. They HATE Beagle and Sutter on Twitter. I even tried to defend them here. The overpaid bottom 6 jokes were rampant even though it wasn't Beagle or Sutter weighing this team down. They been really solid all season. Are they a tad overpaid? Yes, but they have been good. And when they are healthy, they are good to have around. Gaudette, while his effort I'd never question. Just doesn't have bottom 6 toolbox in him and isn't all around talented enough to be a top 6. I said at the time of trade we traded a KHLer for a AHLer. And honestly, I may have underrated Highmore. Lol.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, N7Nucks said:

I was defending the bottom 6 all season on Twitter. They HATE Beagle and Sutter on Twitter. I even tried to defend them here. The overpaid bottom 6 jokes were rampant even though it wasn't Beagle or Sutter weighing this team down. They been really solid all season. Are they a tad overpaid? Yes, but they have been good. And when they are healthy, they are good to have around. Gaudette, while his effort I'd never question. Just doesn't have bottom 6 toolbox in him and isn't all around talented enough to be a top 6. I said at the time of trade we traded a KHLer for a AHLer. And honestly, I may have underrated Highmore. Lol.

Twitter/Reddit has been nothing but a craphole of irrational anti-Benning dribble. We will really now get to see what the bottom 6 is made of, without Roussel and Gaudette.

10 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Gaudette scratched for Chicago. Played last game 

From 7 minutes to 0. Was his game really that bad all this time?

The joke has always been that Gaudette is overrated by the fans here. Early to judge him, but not looking like a good trade for Chicago.

A Chicago fan said that actually.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

He put in a nice effort against Nashville that game.  Got an assist off of a David Kampf goal.  I assume they are letting him rest as he is probably not 100% fitness level yet.

Tough to say 

On 4/22/2021 at 11:00 AM, Dazzle said:

From 7 minutes to 0. Was his game really that bad all this time?

The joke has always been that Gaudette is overrated by the fans here. Early to judge him, but not looking like a good trade for Chicago.

A Chicago fan said that actually.

I have been saying that he was garbage all season. I was so happy when he got shipped out.

• Cheers 2

On 4/12/2021 at 12:46 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah I don't like this one... was hoping for a defensive prospect if we moved AG. I have to think there's some inside knowledge on why AG was sold for magic beans. 

You know in the story of Jack and the Beanstalk. Jack retrieves many items stolen from his family. In addition to a bag of gold, A goose that lays golden eggs, and a magic harp that plays and sings by itself. All while killing the giant. And his family prosper afterwords. 

So maybe magic beans aren't the worst things in the world. 

Or maybe it will be just a lame trade of a 4th round pick. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FaninMex said:

I have been saying that he was garbage all season. I was so happy when he got shipped out.

I wanted him (and Virtanen) traded last season.

Though I do have to say, Virtanen's has looked better since Gaudette got moved... Maybe he was dragging JV down too lol

Highmore is looking like the best of the new guys imo.  It's early, but if I had to make a decision based on the past three games, I'd take him over any of Vesey, Hawryluk, Boyd, Michaelis, (Graovac).... and add LE obviously..and possibly/probably even Roussel.

He's another real puck hound who pursues the play relentlessly - high energy, plays bigger than his size, and gets to the right areas on the offensive side of the game as well - has been in position to get some good chances thus far...

I'm looking forward to seeing where he winds up next season when the team is healthy...

Highmore (Sutter?) Virtanen.....Sutter has looked good / like he really likes playing with Highmore...

Motte (Beagle?) Highmore 

a good fit on either of those lines.... much better fit than Gaudette imo.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Highmore is looking like the best of the new guys imo.  It's early, but if I had to make a decision based on the past three games, I'd take him over any of Vesey, Hawryluk, Boyd, Michaelis, (Graovac).... and add LE obviously..and possibly/probably even Roussel.

He's another real puck hound who pursues the play relentlessly - high energy, plays bigger than his size, and gets to the right areas on the offensive side of the game as well - has been in position to get some good chances thus far...

I'm looking forward to seeing where he winds up next season when the team is healthy...

Highmore (Sutter?) Virtanen.....Sutter has looked good / like he really likes playing with Highmore...

Motte (Beagle?) Highmore 

a good fit on either of those lines.... much better fit than Gaudette imo.

I’m not sure I’d put him over Hawyrluk myself. I find Jayce brings a lot of that same dogged puck pursuit but has a little more skill and composure with the puck on his stick. That said, still real early on Highmore. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1