The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Ottawa Senators | April 22, 7 p.m. | SNP, RDS2

Rate this topic

-SN-

48 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Dude we know you hate Green. Everyone knows that. If Demko is our guy and he’s 100% you get him back in there. We need both goalie rolling down the stretch here. 

You obviously go to Demko atvsome point but you ride the hot hand while its hot

Universal rule in sports 

but Green is smarter than all other pro sports coaches ...,, with his sub 500 lifetime record 

• Sad 1

Just now, canuck2288 said:

You obviously go to Demko atvsome point but you ride the hot hand while its hot

Universal rule in sports 

but Green is smarter than all other pro sports coaches ...,, with his sub 500 lifetime record 

so... how do you know that Holtby doesn't need the rest? we don't know what his symptoms were and he could simply be in need of a break after two stellar performances. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, captainhorvat said:

The problem is Rousell doesn’t disturb sh*t he was brought in to play aggressive, protect the young guys, lay a hit, fight but does absolutely nothing.

Fair point he hasn't played as well as his first season but I thought he was good in the bubble and I think he would up his game if they make it in to the playoffs.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

Was pissed before when Green started Holtby when Demko was on a roll and now he starts Demko when Holtby is on a roll

so dumb

ride the hot hand, always 

there is not a back to back situation here 

Better to get Demko in now especially against the Sens. We need both going and if 40 plus days weren't a problem either will a day or 2.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so... how do you know that Holtby doesn't need the rest? we don't know what his symptoms were and he could simply be in need of a break after two stellar performances. 

This is a really rare scenario (having the majority of a team coming back from from a pandemic).   I fully expected (hoped for in fact) to see more lineup changes to keep guys fresh and the energy level up from game to game.  Radical approach in trying times. That plus we need Demko to get back to the level he was playing at.  If it had been the other way round and Demko played the last 2 games then i wouldn't expect a change in net. 

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, Jayinblack said:

This is a really rare scenario (having the majority of a team coming back from from a pandemic).   I fully expected (hoped for in fact) to see more lineup changes to keep guys fresh and the energy level up from game to game.  Radical approach in trying times. That plus we need Demko to get back to the level he was playing at.  If it had been the other way round and Demko played the last 2 games then i wouldn't expect a change in net. 

we're going to need both Demko and Holtby at their best to actually pull off winning the next 4/5 which is what it will take just to get back into contention. And we do have to worry about managing workload with so many games in such a short time.

I really like having both these guys, vs what Calgary is going to have to do, i.e. burn out Marky. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

100% if we started Holtby and he had a bad game you’d be on the other side. You take the other side of everything Green does no matter what happens. Green may be just an average coach but you simple just make up things up as you go to try and prove a point and I’m sick of it. Everyone has good qualities and bad qualities. It’s actually impossible for Green to be wrong every single time 

I agree with Canuck2288, Holtby has been quite hot and you need to ride that, barring Holtby being injured or tired he should be starting tonight. Regardless the outcome, I think playing Demko tonight is a big mistake.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

I agree with Canuck2288, Holtby has been quite hot and you need to ride that, barring Holtby being injured or tired he should be starting tonight. Regardless the outcome, I think playing Demko tonight is a big mistake.

You know what I’d probably give him the benefit of the doubt if it wasn’t the same thing over and over again. At least Mr. Nuck just gives the old Fire Green and then it’s done. This guy goes on and on and on, no matter what Green does. Good or Bad.

Anyways we have no clue where these guys are at physically. Holtby coming off covid was a beast but he’s played some hard minutes and whether it’s today or tomorrow Demko has gotta get rolling as well. We ALOT of back to back games coming up 

3 hours ago, Bo fan said:

Spent 10 days in the hospital and trying to catch up - so can someone fill me in ? Think I already read somewhere we traded Hockey Gaud for someone, and Roussel is injured. What else am I missing?

On a different note I am so very impressed and happy with how this team came out and played To. Show the league what we are made of.

Can not take Ottawa lightly.

Go Canucks Go

10 days, damn you alright.

With Rooster out, hopefully Michaelis can replace the energy that Rooster brought. Good decision to give Demko the nod. Holtby has been brilliant in his two starts but we have to get Demko going as well if we want to make a run. Hope we tack on another W tonight! GCG!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1