Steve Barton #59
SB59.jpg
Games ’20-21 40 41
Games ’19-20 (Reg/PO) 62 / 19 63 / 18
Career Games (Reg/PO) 930 / 107 1309 / 107
First NHL Game 10/6/07 11/1/00
Birthplace Drayton, ON Vankleek Hill, ON

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Yep.   CDC used to do this crazy routine with guys like Gaunce, Corrado, Cannaugnton, Jensen, Grenier,  Shinkaruk et al... it was pretty lame in hindsight wasn't it?   Not trying to demean what JB has done .... by pointed out Milford 10000plus NHL games from 4 drafts - but am trying to say come on folks it's still early yet.

At the same time will say this.   I haven't been this excited about a team we've had, since the Linden era.     Its the only time we've had such youth before as capable.  Bure, Linden, Nedved and Ronning.     EP/Linden/QHs/Bure/Podz/Nedved ... no BB back then as far age gap goes Horvat/Ronning  ... we actually have more but come on Bure was better for sure.   So QHs/BB = Bure.   What we don't have right now is Adams, Courtnall and a defense that can compare.   But we do have Demko as well.  

Won't bother with the late 70's early 80's comps but they do exist.   I was more interested in my NHL sticker books back then and the Oilers to know better.  Plus Bobby Clark had the best hair - and Babych  the best mustache. 

Point is two things.   Back during the Gaunce/Jensen years we had a bottom pool.  It truly was awful.   Now we still have an above average one and folks should be more excited then we were back then about what is left ...14th is slightly above average and that's WITH both OJ and Hogs graduating.   

It took me awhile to see the forest for the trees too.  Didn't mind the re-tool because it was the most realistic and intelligent approach given we had virtually ZERO in our pool aside from Horvat.   Still high expectations we were a great team for half a decade, tops in the division five times in a row, two presidents trophies and only a couple years since going the distance.   Wasn't happy when we made the change really but understood it was time (changing GMs). 

JB...to me the only thing that rubs me wrong about his tenure is actually Linden.  Used.  Used. Used.   That's a stink that won't go away because he was part of that.   Aside from that - good job overall a B.   Maybe a B+ or an an A if he keeps up his trajectory and manages to pull a few more great moves like Miller, EP, BB, Myers, and Schmidt.   Myers is this teams version of Mitchell but some fans just can't see the forest for the trees.   To answer you pool reply intention - 4 of our top five are expected to become NHLers at some point.   The entire load isn't blown yet and really it's going to get to the point where trades to recycle into the draft or fill holes become inevitable. 

When I read people crapping on Myers I just shake my head. After having guys here playing not only the right side but top 4 who were complete crap and allergic to physicality, seeing Myers engage anyone one who got near the crease while NEVER shying away he's already a stud in my books but since the bubble he has been a right handed version of Edler capable of playing tons of minutes especially the PK.

He's one of these guys that Genx and earlier love because they play with an edge that is disappearing from the league.

The only people who seem to crap on him are the analytics crowd. 

Dangle did a hilarious metaphor about analytics comparing it to dancing to sheet music while actually dancing. He's actually funny as hell and takes no quarter on the Leafs. Even gave a shot out to our Hockey guy which led to a lot of new people checking him out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, captainhorvat said:

That’s Rooster for ya...play couple good games and thn back to being useless for 10 straight games. 
Him and Virtanen are the two biggest dead weights on the team.

Isn't that the case for most bottom six players when it comes to offense? Especially ones with no PP time? Rooster is a good pk guy who is still effective without scoring. He's just overpaid by about 1.5 million. He's a piece GMs covet proved by having like 13 teams pursue him which led to the high AVV.

Edited by Alienhuggyflow

6 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Isn't that the case for most bottom six players when it comes to offense? Especially ones with no PP time? Rooster is a good pk guy who is still effective without scoring. He's just overpaid by about 1.5 million. He's a piece GMs covet proved by having like 13 teams pursue him which led to the high AVV.

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

54 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I don't even think they have running water and electricity way out there - do they?    I guess they took a day off planting the fields or playing the banjo to come up with this ???

I can only imagine what you think the rest of BC is like if you think Pitt Meadows is back woods with bajos...lol

I'm from northern BC, ALL of Vancouver metropolitan area, all the way out to Chilliwack is crazy busy to me lol, you're idea of Pitt Meadows being in the back woods amuses me lol

Am I like slime or primordial goo to you if I live beyond Pitt Meadows?

:bigblush:

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Look at the Leaf's bottom six, Rooster is better than any of them and least has balls.

Your telling me at 2-2.5 you would want him on the team? Everyone I guess has their opinion but I like guys like him, Cooke, etc who play that shi* disturber role.

The problem is Rousell doesn’t disturb sh*t he was brought in to play aggressive, protect the young guys, lay a hit, fight but does absolutely nothing.