The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canadiens Drouin takes indefinite leave of absence

Rate this topic

qwijibo

1 hour ago, FijianCanuck said:

Habs will benefit from much needed cap relief. 

Injuries are piling up for them.  They’ve been playing 4 games a week for a month and a half now and it’s starting to take a toll.  Right now they’re missing Gallagher, Price, Drouin , Tatar, Byron 

Edited by qwijibo

21 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Crushed ego, is not an illness! But yeah,

I hope thats all it is. 

21 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Eriksson has never done anything to help the Canucks out. Simply here for the cash.

when Loui could still be counted on for say 20 points one could at least make the "chip in and he's good defensively" argument but now he's just a money vacuum.

I wish Loui had Naslunds integrity. 

• Cheers 3
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Eriksson, this is route you can go....

If he had any pride, he would walk away from a contract that he has failed. Failed to live up to his side of the deal. Failed enormously. Take your bonus this July LE and leave please. 

• Cheers 4

12 minutes ago, rekker said:

If he had any pride, he would walk away from a contract that he has failed. Failed to live up to his side of the deal. Failed enormously. Take your bonus this July LE and leave please. 

Maybe instead of looking at how Ericksson should act people should take a minute to look inwards.  The amount of gate Drouin gets on social media is brutal.  There’s no confirmation that that’s the reason He’s stepping away but it’s not a reach to consider the possibility.  At the end of the day these guys are human. Maybe we dial back the personal attacks on them 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Hopefully Drouin gets the help he needs.

Danault says they are sad for Drouin.  

Translation of the tweets:  ‘Jo he’s my friend.  Yes I am worried but he will come back.  There are things more important than hockey.’

’Playing in Montreal it’s ups and downs.  We put so much pressure on ourselves.  In Montreal, all is amplified, the expectations, everything.  Sometimes we take that personally.  We want to play, we put pressure on ourselves and it becomes difficult.’

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

If he is taking a leave due to the pressure getting to him, this just further proves Bieksa's point.

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call to get the media and fans to change their behaviour. No player should get beaten down for under-performing to the point they need to step away.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

If he is taking a leave due to the pressure getting to him, this just further proves Bieksa's point.

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call to get the media and fans to change their behaviour. No player should get beaten down for under-performing to the point they need to step away.

Agreed.  It's one thing for people to be disappointed in a player's performance but it's another to pile on to them or make attacks on their being.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

If it is related to mental illness and it is fan/team pressure related. I can't see him returning to MTL.

Maybe he would come in for playoffs?? if it is physiological? that sergachev trade is looking not so hot 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

If it is related to mental illness and it is fan/team pressure related. I can't see him returning to MTL.

Maybe he would come in for playoffs?? if it is physiological? that sergachev trade is looking not so hot 

The Sergechev trade didn’t look good from day 1. Drouin  has taken the brunt of fan displeasure since he arrived. The best thing that could happen for him is a move to a less crazy hockey market.  

• Cheers 3

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

Maybe instead of looking at how Ericksson should act people should take a minute to look inwards.  The amount of gate Drouin gets on social media is brutal.  There’s no confirmation that that’s the reason He’s stepping away but it’s not a reach to consider the possibility.  At the end of the day these guys are human. Maybe we dial back the personal attacks on them 

Nah. That wasn't a personal attack by myself on LE. Nothing personal at all. I'm a jilted fan tired of his severe underperformance. I'm entitled to that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2