The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

This might seem counterintuitive, but I think we need a strong character that's a good player in the league to cut down on JT Miller's edge sometimes.  

Quinn, Petey, Bo, and Brock are great players but very quiet individuals.  

I would take someone like Jaden Schwarz or Nick Foligno in a heartbeat if we can somehow swing it. It might be a bit weird to some of you because those aren't young players. 

Just now, 1-d said:

I think there's a good chance we'll see Trent Cull behind the bench next season. 

Not sure yet another rookie NHL head coach is the way to go.  But maybe three times the charm?  Could always blame the hiring on Linden again if it doesn't work out.:o

2 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

Yes a new coach is going to come in and make this piece of garbage roster better . Get a hold of yourselves comical .

Couldn’t hurt to try, not like we can get much worse 

Edited by Petey40

1 minute ago, Silky mitts said:

Yes a new coach is going to come in and make this piece of garbage roster better . Get a hold of yourselves comical .

Piece of junk roster 

the roster is better than Willie had, so yes it will be better 

Our team has regressed after coming back from covid. We're back to the early season mistakes of giveaways and turnovers. We know better, JT knows better, it's just brain cramps. 

Third periods they just seem to run out of gas. 

• Cheers 1

Welp. Blarg. The team is in the weeds now. Our bottom 6 is full of plugs. Our D is improving and Rathbone makes his NHL debut. The top 6 is good but can be better. Podz and another forward hopefully in the upcoming draft would do wonders. We really miss Petey. Hope we find a way to snap out of this funk and snag a win! GCG!

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

This might seem counterintuitive, but I think we need a strong character that's a good player in the league to cut down on JT Miller's edge sometimes.  

Quinn, Petey, Bo, and Brock are great players but very quiet individuals.  

I would take someone like Jaden Schwarz or Nick Foligno in a heartbeat if we can somehow swing it. It might be a bit weird to some of you because those aren't young players. 

there also very young, but its not a terrible point. also why not just trade miller for that good player? kill two birds with one stone.

i h8 millers attitude reminds me of some of the fans we got. utterly, disrespectful

41 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Lol any fan who thinks this is acceptable needs to pick a new sport.  This team is in trouble. Edmonton is not a great team and they rub our noses in it. Wow.

Ummm dude... idk if you looked at our roster, but theres a few key players missing.... and just to remind you and some of the other fans here, this is the 3rd year of the rebuild... and we have had a terrible year for scheduling and bad luck with COVID, just as we started to get into a groove, we get decimated by COVID.

this team isnt IN trouble, this year has BEEN trouble. Remember.. this is only the 3rd year of a rebuild and so far we have made the playoffs in 1/3 seasons. Things are only going to improve from here onward.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Our team has regressed after coming back from covid. We're back to the early season mistakes of giveaways and turnovers. We know better, JT knows better, it's just brain cramps. 

Third periods they just seem to run out of gas. 

We sucked all season …. Pre covid 

Hang on here, are we really that upset with tonight?  Rathbone had a great debut.  Lind was awesome defensively and offensively today.  Hoglander was probably our best forward.  That's our three rookies looking like regulars to me. 

We actually played just as well as Edmonton for most of the game.  They just burned us in the 2nd period with a string of giveaways.  

Quinn and Miller were pretty terrible today, and they are our best players...  so this whole thing about blaming the bottom players doesn't really make sense.  

Edited by VancouverHabitant