The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers l May 4, 7 p.m. l SNP | RINSE&REPEAT EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

We are great at losing games and playing like scared wimps 

So, pretty much nothing has changed in the past 8 years but in 2 years we will contend for the cup.  I want what JB is having.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

The I disagree with. The core roster sucked so much this season that whatever support any GM assembled is not going to change their fate. The young core is just not good enough right now. Heck they are a disaster outside of Boeser every couple of games.

Demko still adjusting to being a starter and for a stretch there before Covid seems to have it figured out.

Horvat is doing the D thing but barely having any production, not even a shadow of Kesler right now.

Miller and Hughes are turnover machines that would make Spezza Pizza blush.

Petey has been MIA and probably went back to his home planet for a visit or to avoid covid.

Those guys above need a lot of work over the summer if we are going to go anywhere with or without JB's self inflicted handicap.

the only players that played well enough to win  any games this year was because of the core. Period

1 minute ago, Petey_BOI said:

the only players that played well enough to win  any games this year was because of the core. Period

Well Demko to be precise but point still stands that for the majority of the season, the core has not played up to standard or else we will be in a playoff position.

The main point is to counter the argument that we will be a good team with better supporting players which is not the case this season.

5 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

I don't think it is a pure speculation given our string or rookie hires ever since Nonis was fired. (outside of the disastrous Torts season).

Heck maybe it is Tort's hire that made Aqua risk adverse to Veterans.

I'm kinda leaning towards the theory that Aqua likes hiring rookie president/GM/coach to maximize his influence, a.k.a meddling.

It's also the only possible explanation for why Benning's still occupying the Rogers Arena office, despite his 7 years of blunder party outside of drafts.

18 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

finishing 17th in the season point% wise and 7th in our division, tell me oh great captain of the past. what position is the cut off line again?

You did see that Calgary (8th) and Winnipeg (9th) actually had more points then us right? So any other season we would have been out of the playoffs but since it was a COVID shortened season the league changed the tabulation based on games played and gifted us a shot. My comment still stands. Nice try though. 

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Well Demko to be precise but point still stands that for the majority of the season, the core has not played up to standard or else we will be in a playoff position.

The main point is to counter the argument that we will be a good team with better supporting players which is not the case this season.

i call bs, you need goals to win. when did this stop beinga team game? demko's play has been average this year for a starter.

10 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

So, pretty much nothing has changed in the past 8 years but in 2 years we will contend for the cup.  I want what JB is having.

"That's the problem with you guys, because you guys don't have all the information we have."

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'd be ok with it all if they'd do a little crashing and banging.  Wipe the smirks away.  Sigh.

We don't have any players to be able to play that way..  

Soft team. Slow team.. other teams way too fast for us.. 

Rebuild continues...

• Huggy Bear 1

8 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

You did see that Calgary (8th) and Winnipeg (9th) actually had more points then us right? So any other season we would have been out of the playoffs but since it was a COVID shortened season the league changed the tabulation based on games played and gifted us a shot. My comment still stands. Nice try though. 

that may be the most unfair and possibly the lamest response ive heard on this forum.

what season ends with teams finishing with up to 2 more games than the nucks. canucks had the second fewest games played last year.

adidas l GIF

Edited by Petey_BOI

14 minutes ago, Petey_BOI said:

i call bs, you need goals to win. when did this stop beinga team game? demko's play has been average this year for a starter.

We have 17 games this season where we scored 1 or less goals and have the worst GF in the entire division.

With how much we get out shot each game it is a miracle our goal diff is not worse and that is mostly due to Demko keep shutting out the door during our run in March/April.

Not saying our core sucks for eternity just that they severely under-performed this year.

Edited by 24K PureCool

7 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Maybe if he had a flux capacitor & a Delorean car his main problem would be solved?:o

Nah Benning would trade them for another 30+ year old vet who's good in the room and terrible on the ice.

• Haha 1