The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers l May 6, 6 p.m. l SNP | ROAD TO 100 EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

3 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

I'm only one dude..

I have heard some top athletes say the same. Gretz, GSP off the top of my head.

If a player from the past was reborn today, sure I hear your point but that is not possible. 

Its an impossible discussion to really have but in all aspects of human achievements, we are progressing. 

Again, hockey has changed it's rules so much that its hard to judge this specific sport.  

Maybe achievements in the skills comps it can be tracked and compared...will/are players getting faster, better stick work, harder shot...

Sorry man, came in the cross hairs at the wrong time.  Totally agree, so much is different it’s hard to compare.  Imagine Bure without the redline...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Bonesy, Huggy, Petey, Millsy....I’m starting to detect a pattern here.  I wish players would work a little harder on their nicknames. Such exciting players, such unimaginative names.

You don't like Eagle, Ox, and Big Tuna ?

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

People are strange. Like who gives what Taj thinks lol. What a joker 

He would have posted something of the opposite but with the same effect if the Canucks lost 

I know. Only miserable asses would tune in to Taj’s cavalcade of misery and despair. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, oldnews said:

aren't you the guy that called Hoglander a 3rd liner at best?

right after referring to Lind as a guy that won't cut it in the NHL?

or was that some other Arrow?

That was me Lind wont amount to much 

Hoglander will be a great top 9 player. A Higgens or Hansen type a #7  who can fill in on a second line with an injury but will be best if playing against weaker competition where he can score 20-22 goals a season. Keep him against tougher competition and he will have a hard time getting to 15-17 goals. It's not a bad thing to be called a third liner

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

the guy is exhausted - plain and simple.

getting utilized - necessarily - like a rented mule  - because the team has no bottom six centers - and expected to produce like a boss at the same time.

I love the amount of effort he's giving - I don't care whatsoever about his mistakes.

ya ok point taken, he is very much a human being, but he is expected to be a leader on this team so as such....a little less up and down emotionally would be good

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

And if the Canucks select a kid named Raty in the draft then you have a Raty Boner 

They're going to have to get creative when Jet Woo arrives (pretty tough names to incorporate)

Oh my god I'm dying listening to the post-game show, someone just texted in 

Nurse is a crotch grabber.  That's not the nurse you want grabbing your...  and then they stopped reading the text :lol: