The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 hour ago, longsuffering said:

Would be interested in his % actual SOG and goals per shot? I am not a stats person but feel that his point shooting is not very effective. Passing is great.

Agreed. 

Seen some absolutely nutty discussion on this board about trading Hughes away. Folks….his defensive play can improve. What he can do offensively is something that CANNOT be taught or learned on the fly. Now, his point shot - his shot in general really - is pretty much the only flaw in his offensive game whereas the other skills are at savant levels. He’s still an elite PP component, but a true bomber from the point like Rathbone is just what we need. They start overplaying Rathbone’s point shot, then let Huggy have some shots as a change up. But as of right now, Hughes’ shot is not terribly threatening. Just let him be the elite distributor to folks who can legit snipe.

Really sucked to see his nice wrister goal called back last game.

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Based on our win % and Montreal’s loss % I have our odds at slightly less than 1:1000 to make the playoff, if our odds against 16 teams is 1 in 50 our odds of winning the cup are 1:50,000. 

Wonder what the odds of us getting first pick are.

never tell me the odds GIF

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Based on our win % and Montreal’s loss % I have our odds at slightly less than 1:1000 to make the playoff, if our odds against 16 teams is 1 in 50 our odds of winning the cup are 1:50,000. 

Wonder what the odds of us getting first pick are.

In Gary Bettman’s NHL, the odds of Canucks getting the first pick, are 1:50,000 :mad:

Edler is done. Zero goals all year, imagine that most of the goals from the D were once provided by him. And since he got his a** handed to him by Simmonds, I'm not sure how much physicality he'll provide moving forward. Would Edler be willing to accept $2 million and be exposed for the Expansion Draft? Probably not, which concerns me that Benning may give him a healthy new contract (guessing $4 x 3 - front loaded) that protects Edler? This is Benning we're talking about. 

8 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

In Gary Bettman’s NHL, the odds of Canucks getting the first pick, are 1:50,000 :mad:

Half expecting the league giving us 25th spot based on last year’s playoffs because Covid gave us an unfair advantage in the draft order

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, XxS3E3DI2N2SxX said:

dont worry we won't play them all. once we get eliminated they will cancel all unnecessary games 

Calgary still has a chance to oust Montreal from that 4th spot. - and they play us 4 more times.  Can't see them getting cancelled if the Flames are still in the hunt.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Calgary still has a chance to oust Montreal from that 4th spot. - and they play us 4 more times.  Can't see them getting cancelled if the Flames are still in the hunt.

Imagine Vancouver goes 2-0 vs WPG and MTL goes 0-2.