The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

52 minutes ago, Devron44 said:

Honestly not that impressed with Lind the last few games. Looked a lot better his first couple.

That said he’s taken time to adjust In every league he’s stepped into. Might require a little patience 

He's looked about the same as he has when he first got into the AHL, hesitant and over thinking things. I think you're right, he needs time to adjust and get confident. 

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hmm. Trying to rack my brain as to why the league/refs would hate them even more than us. :P

I would err on the side of them being mediocre teams that probably that aren’t able to drive offensive play enough to draw penalties at an high rate. Sounds curiously similar to a team I know in the PNW.

You do realize i didnt say a effin thing about the league having a grudge against us did i? I do realize why we dont get many pps

12 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Hmm. Trying to rack my brain as to why the league/refs would hate them even more than us. :P

I would err on the side of them being mediocre teams that probably that aren’t able to drive offensive play enough to draw penalties at an high rate. Sounds curiously similar to a team I know in the PNW.

This

29 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Best case scenario for me is….lose the (large) majority of the remaining games, but show great effort in doing so, while a bunch of the young guys show well and give us SOME sort of hope for next year. 

And perhaps FINALLY get some lottery luck and pick a promising player in the top 5. This would have the effect of getting me pretty amped for next year.

I'll be super thrilled if we get either Power, Edvinsson, or Johnson.

14 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Doesn’t help that we’re missing Petey and Virtanen, two of our top guys for drawing penalties per 60. Lol

Win or lose, i'm just glad they are playing and building character.   Which for sure they have this season despite all the stuff they've been through.   Must be exhausting going from a chance at the conference final last fall to this.   Get in sh!t for saying this at home, but a certain portion of this fan base needs to calm down.   Just enjoy the process.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Ok, positivity post: we still have a chance of winning the Cup this season.

Yes.  Pretty sure Arrow guaranteed it already or was that just making the playoffs.   Both seem just about as unlikely at this point .:: however if Arrow is right we'd sure be going into the off-season higher then JB blimp saying fire me! 

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Yes.  Pretty sure Arrow guaranteed it already or was that just making the playoffs.   Both seem just about as unlikely at this point .:: however if Arrow is right we'd sure be going into the off-season higher then JB blimp saying fire me! 

Based on our win % and Montreal’s loss % I have our odds at slightly less than 1:1000 to make the playoff, if our odds against 16 teams is 1 in 50 our odds of winning the cup are 1:50,000. 

Wonder what the odds of us getting first pick are.