The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

With Lind coming out, I fully expect that the Highmore experiment in the top six will continue. 

I love Highmore, but much like Motte, playing them up in the lineup is not ideal and really isn't conducive to team or personal player success. Highmore is good with limited bottom six minutes, but asking him to be an offensive contributor, you just aren't setting him up well for success. 

It was like putting a defensive liability like Gaudette into a 3rd line checking role.

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, rekker said:

It's a testament to this team not being as bad as "the sky is falling" crowd suggests. Everything has gone against this team this year. When we have been healthy and well practiced, the team has put some winning games together. A top pick was not in the cards a year ago. Now we have a top first, second, Hogs and Pods. Rathbone is a player and so is OJ. I look forward to next years turnaround.

it's also a testament to how s&*^%y the North division is....

• Vintage 1

Hate to say it, but if ever there was a time for the conservative, (we're so fatiiiigued), dial-it-back, limp-wristed TANK...THIS is it !

Please don't surpass 4 pts of these possible 14 that are available. To ensure that we're bottom-4 is simply good sense. The outcome & effort of that last game was textbook.

• Cheers 1

Hope to see Gadjovich in but wouldn't be surprised if he gets a day or two of skates in and plays next game after sitting around in the hotel room for a week (I know he was working out but still takes some time to get back into it).

Next year will be exciting and I can really see this team getting ready to take the next step with this second wave of young guys joining the team (plus more yet over the next couple years). We just need some help at center if the lotto line gets reunited.

Podkolzin, Lind, Gadjovich (Focht? Jasek? McDonagh?)

Juolevi, Rathbone (Woo?)

Next year:

Miller - Petey - Boeser
Hoglander - Horvat - Podkolzin

Pearson - Sutter/Graovac/??? - Lind

Motte - Beagle/UFA/Highmore - MacEwen

Gadjovich/Roussel/Hawrlyuk/Bailey

Hughes - Hamonic/Other RD UFA

Juolevi - Myers

Rathbone - Schmidt

Edler/Chatfield/Woo

Demko

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Hate to say it, but if ever there was a time for the conservative, (we're so fatiiiigued), dial-it-back, limp-wristed TANK...THIS is it !

Please don't surpass 4 pts of these possible 14 that are available. To ensure that we're bottom-4 is simply good sense. The outcome & effort of that last game was textbook.

Best case scenario for me is….lose the (large) majority of the remaining games, but show great effort in doing so, while a bunch of the young guys show well and give us SOME sort of hope for next year. 

And perhaps FINALLY get some lottery luck and pick a promising player in the top 5. This would have the effect of getting me pretty amped for next year.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Only anaheim and columbus have less pp opportunitys than the canucks fyi

Hmm. Trying to rack my brain as to why the league/refs would hate them even more than us. :P

I would err on the side of them being mediocre teams that probably that aren’t able to drive offensive play enough to draw penalties at an high rate. Sounds curiously similar to a team I know in the PNW.

• Upvote 1