The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Take away Gretzky's 113 empty net goals (or whatever the number) and he'd be 17th in all time NHL scoring.  A goal is a goal whether deflected off an oppo player, off your own body, or into an empty net.  There are no fotos on the stat sheet

Yes, but you want the 100th goal be a special one not a pity empty netter. And he still didnt get it anyways. 

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

Take away Gretzky's 113 empty net goals (or whatever the number) and he'd be 17th in all time NHL scoring.  A goal is a goal whether deflected off an oppo player, off your own body, or into an empty net.  There are no fotos on the stat sheet

Ugh you better fact check that one again lol

Gretz has 56 eng

He has a 93g lead over howe and a 876 pt lead over jagr...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, viking mama said:

Is this not accurate? 
Not arrogant - being honest. 

Did he mention the play of his ‘mates tonight? The quote is brief. 

I like his shoot first mentality. If there’s a play he’ll make but if the percentage ain’t high enough he’s shooting.

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I thought that Green's take was right on.  He had Edler out for most of the 2 minutes empty net.  Give him a chance at a once-In-a-lifetime 100th goal.  Hogz has 15 years to get multiple hatties.

Edler has more games coming up to get his 100th.

Höglander had 2 goals bagged already, a hatty is even more rare. 

Just now, viking mama said:

Edler has more games coming up to get his 100th.

Höglander had 2 goals bagged already, a hatty is even more rare. 

Hoglander is an athletic freak and wasn't hit by COVID. Not surprised that he's been one of our better players as he got off lucky with COVID and works hard in the gym.

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Lowest we can go is 5th overall now which is where we are at. 3 more points and we will be drafting 7-8th. Anymore than that we will be drafting outside the top 10.

wow that sucks. Canucks cant even tank properly lol. We lose enough games to be eliminated yet win enough games to not even pick in top 10.<_<

1 minute ago, DefCon1 said:

wow that sucks. Canucks cant even tank properly lol. We lose enough games to be eliminated yet win enough games to not even pick in top 10.<_<

Every team that doesn’t finish last can’t tank properly. Then they usually pick 3rd 

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

We will either win the lottery or pick 7th that is my guarantee of the year :towel:

Well it’s good to see some puck luck against the Jets. Over the years, I don’t know how many times the Jets got goals from fluky deflections off Canuck defence, or Hellybuck/Broisotte/goalie stole the game. Shoes on the other foot tonight!

Rathbone continues to impress me, as does Highmore, even Hawyrluk and Graovac. I hope Gajdovich is in tomorrow.

As of now, the Canucks have the 4th overall pick. If they go 0-6, they get 4th, no matter what other teams do (most teams are done their season anyway). Even if they go 1-5 they keep 4th. If the Canucks run the gauntlet and go 6-0, the worst pick they’ll get is 12th. The flames are in the bottom 12 mix as well, and we play them 4 times. 

In my mind, play the kids. Play hard, prep for next year.

(Any of the “we can’t even tank right” posts are irrelevant, we’re picking between 4-12 and chances of 6-0 are slim)

Go Canucks!!

• Vintage 1

Just now, DefCon1 said:

We play 2 more back to backs after this one that includes 4 games in 5 days to end the year. We have 1 win in the 2nd games of a back to back this season. Holtby is probably gonna play tomorrow and 2 more of those games. Canucks need their goalies to steal one for a decent chance at winning. If any G plays average facing 40+ shots we're gonna probably let in 4+ goals.

If we win it won't come easy with this schedule.

4 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Hoglander is an athletic freak and wasn't hit by COVID. Not surprised that he's been one of our better players as he got off lucky with COVID and works hard in the gym.

He did have COVID though?

3 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Must pick in the top 10. 

Play Holtby & the AHLers.

Sit anyone with the hint of injury.