The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets l May 10, 5 p.m. l SNP

Rate this topic

-SN-

5 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Yo what's Greener's beef with Hog!?!..Get rid of him, his post game showed a lil hate..

And Hogs been one of our better players.

Hoglander has had a few turnovers and turn backs into our zone over the last three-four games.  He's also been our best forward though, but Green's wanting more out of him.  

Just now, 4petesake said:

The funny thing is he said earlier  that he wasn’t going to watch any hockey in the playoffs so I guess he’s just here to see the Canucks lose. Cause he’s pissed when they win.

Makes me wonder why he isnt a sabers fan. How happy he'd be. And us too!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

He looked a bit upset on the bench too that he didnt get tapped to go out.

Winnipeg called a timeout there I believe so he was rested.

Tired of seeing guys like Highmore and Pearson out there in situations like that. A one goal game i could understand. But a 2 goal lead? 

Green is dumb  should have played Hoglander so he can get a hat trick in this meaningless game. At least give your rookie some rewards for playing a good game. Dumb decision by Green.

• Upvote 2

I thought that Green's take was right on.  He had Edler out for most of the 2 minutes empty net.  Give him a chance at a once-In-a-lifetime 100th goal.  Hogz has 15 years to get multiple hatties.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

I thought that Green's take was right on.  He had Edler out for most of the 2 minutes empty net.  Give him a chance at a once-In-a-lifetime 100th goal.  Hogz has 15 years to get multiple hatties.

lol Edler getting his 100th goal on an empty net? give me a break.

30 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Demko and Hoglander carrying again. 

Another 40 shot night, Demko locked in as usual.

Demko is still proving himself.  You're right. This is not meaningless for him.  He wants to get better and better. He wants to feel like he had a solid first year as a starter.

Hogz the same.  Still trying to grow and get better. He wants to feel like he had a solid rookie year.

There is value in not just chucking in the towel to pick say 7 instead of 10. (And honestly a win here or there is going to make about that much difference that is all).

The emotional part of the game for the players is big for team success.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Makes me wonder why he isnt a sabers fan. How happy he'd be. And us too!

Sabers don't have enough fans to excite him.  He can really get the adrenalin going with the huge # of Nuck fans.  He loves a passionate crowd.  Really makes his evening, if you know what I mean.;)

15 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

IMO you've picked up on the loathing ever since we came back from COVID. I don't remember you nearly as harsh before but maybe I haven't been paying much attention.

I'd like to see him gone too but you're in a minority with how badly you want it.

It's become a bit obsessive.  Honestly...sit back and enjoy the ride when you can.  

It's ok to be critical....but my goodness, it sucks the joy out of it.  Look hard enough and there are reasons to be happy in between the heartache.  I mean, Hoggy alone is worth celebrating right now, even IF it's bleak for some.  It's not all doom and gloom (believe me, I've been there with teams that offered zero to look forward to...this team's promising).

• Like 2

We are going to win 7 in a row now. These boys have pride and they could care less about a top 3 draft pick, besides Benning will draft a stud at pick 5 or 6 anyways. All is good, sign Green, sign Huggersson twins to 5 year deals, rid of Eriksson and shore up our D! Let’s go :towel:

• Haha 1

Just now, NucksIn50 said:

We are going to win 7 in a row now. These boys have pride and they could care less about a top 3 draft pick, besides Benning will draft a stud at pick 5 or 6 anyways. All is good, sign Green, sign Huggersson twins to 5 year deals, rid of Eriksson and shore up our D! Let’s go :towel:

Lowest we can go is 5th overall now which is where we are at. 3 more points and we will be drafting 7-8th. Anymore than that we will be drafting outside the top 10.

2 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

lol Edler getting his 100th goal on an empty net? give me a break.

Take away Gretzky's 113 empty net goals (or whatever the number) and he'd be 17th in all time NHL scoring.  A goal is a goal whether deflected off an oppo player, off your own body, or into an empty net.  There are no fotos on the stat sheet

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 2

14 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Now that we're out I would put Gadjo/OJ/Lockwood(after quarantine) in. A veteran D and sit and get rotated in with the other veterans. See what pairings might work next year.

Yeah, sit Edler, vessey and Boyd...play Gadjo, Lockwood and OJ. We need to see where these guys at in the NHL right now instead of next season plus it will give an idea of what we lack.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Googlie said:

Bingo. The outrage here is hilarious. If Green comes back next year the entertainment will reach unprecedented heights. ::D

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1