The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Eichel wants out of Buffalo. Says there is disconnect with organization.

Nave

Eichel going to Vegas will be a really hard fir. True, short term solutions are possible (eg. IR), but what about after that?

The "big" contracts on Vegas are all covered by NMC/NTC clauses, and I don't see any of those guys being overly eager to go to Buffalo (Karlsson, Marchessault, Dadonov, Pietrangelo, Martinez, Lehner?), and the one guy who might be able to get Buffalo to bite on a deal (Theodore) is probably too valuable to Vegas to give up. Smith is fine for one year, but after that... Or, maybe there's something going on behind closed doors.

From what I see, Theodore, two 1st round picks, and a smattering of prospects will be the return, with some retention by Buffalo. Vegas doesn't want to give up too much of their current roster, unless they are looking to tank to help the value of the picks they are giving up.

regards,  G.

25 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Eichel going to Vegas will be a really hard fir. True, short term solutions are possible (eg. IR), but what about after that?

The "big" contracts on Vegas are all covered by NMC/NTC clauses, and I don't see any of those guys being overly eager to go to Buffalo (Karlsson, Marchessault, Dadonov, Pietrangelo, Martinez, Lehner?), and the one guy who might be able to get Buffalo to bite on a deal (Theodore) is probably too valuable to Vegas to give up. Smith is fine for one year, but after that... Or, maybe there's something going on behind closed doors.

From what I see, Theodore, two 1st round picks, and a smattering of prospects will be the return, with some retention by Buffalo. Vegas doesn't want to give up too much of their current roster, unless they are looking to tank to help the value of the picks they are giving up.

regards,  G.

Maybe another team gets involved for a 3 way trade? 

46 minutes ago, Gollumpus said:

Win the cup this year. Doing so gives the team like 5 or so years of goodwill from the market no matter how bad the team is.

6 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

regards,  G.

They arent giving up Theodore for Eichel.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

I'd be careful if I were Vegas, what do they have to gain really? They're already a Cup contender with good picks and prospect pool, why throw that away for a risky center? Sure, Eichel (when he's playing) is one elite top line center who can play a good two-way game, but who knows what he'll be like after this surgery...Doesn't sound like the risk is being factored into a lot of the trade proposals and what Buffalo are asking for.

Buffalo probably want a roster player + good prospect + 2 firsts.

Vegas could maybe throw Leschyshyn/Howden (young center to replace) + Coghlan/Korczak (young defenceman) + 2 firsts or a 1st and 2nd (considering they'll be late first rounders anyway).

Cap-wise, Eichel is going to be on LTIR for a while anyway and might swing back in the playoffs which would be a dream for Vegas, otherwise they could maybe get rid of Dadonov's contract in the deal too. If Buffalo are even thinking about asking for Theodore/Hague etc. I would not entertain it, Eichel is far too risky to give up a young top-2 defenceman.