The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames l May 13, 6 p.m. l SNP | WHY ARE WE HERE EDITION

Rate this topic

-SN-

6 hours ago, iinatcc said:

yeah but i don't see how can winning 3 meaningless games is going to change the mentality of the players especially when you consider the other 53 games. If anything the best the fanbases can hope for is some sort of refresh (not reset) next season. 

Yeah, imo it comes down to how the team communicates and sells the idea internally and publicly to the fans.

10 hours ago, xereau said:

He's already as good as gone.

The contract for most players seems to bring out the best in them and once the they get term, most will tend to underperform the contract until the last year (unless the current contract is there last). Of course, there will always be exceptions, who will over perform but those are not very common.

1 hour ago, combover said:

I keep reading post that saying the bad contracts dead cap are coming off in x number of years.

The problem is the  guy who signed everyone of those dead cap bad contracts Is still here.jeebus  He tried to sign OEL last summer .

he’s a proven loser,the minute we have cap he’ll  try to sign or will sign a new handful of bad contracts.

the team has been capped out since he got here so people honestly believe he won’t sign his favourite type of way over paid third fourth  line well past their prime ufas to horrendous contracts the second he has money. 
jim is the root of the problem bad contracts dead cap it won’t change until he’s gone.

Yeah, hindsight has not been kind to most of JBs’ signing of support type players for the main reason of sheltering/ mentoring.  Not really confident, that JB won’t sign some of our FA’s (which preferably should all walk) to term mainly for nostalgic and great intangibles reason.

Time to give the young a core the reigns of mentoring the incoming players rather than these expensive support type players that contributes almost nothing on the ice or go with the Laffs model of signing ex top line players (Thornton & Spezza) that are still able to contribute & actually mentor the core from real experience to short term low value contracts (700k per year). 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

He wasn’t charged, it is a civil lawsuit and very different from crown charges. you may want to get your facts straight

Civil suits are easier to prove as well. The threshold is the balance of probabilities. But based on optics alone, I think Jake is done in Vancouver. 

I'd be curious to know if the VPD investigation leads to any charges. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Yeah, imo it comes down to how the team communicates and sells the idea internally and publicly to the fans.

IMO, if real fans can't see what this team has gone through this season they shouldn't be buying tickets, watching games, or even have an interest in the team. All of the American players have opted out of the WC's, and do you blame them? I also hope none of the other players decide to go and represent their Countries. MDP, of course should if asked, he hasn't played. A good summer of reset will do this team wonders, and of course a healthy EP.

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

POSTGAME | Travis Green

what, there was a compete level?

I musta slept through that part

when I was a  wake it was like watching two teams sleepwalking

9 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Note: I’m drunk and the wife is calling but there is some deep wisdom in there that post.

you should prolly leave your girlfriends before answering the call

51 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Civil suits are easier to prove as well. The threshold is the balance of probabilities. But based on optics alone, I think Jake is done in Vancouver. 

we just don't know anything really. They may have brought the civil suit early because the evidence is really strong. Or not. No way to know until it all plays out. 

8 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

These next 3 games vs the Flames mean absolutely nothing to either teams future.

Well, besides draft positioning. In that sense it does.

the last 3 games against Calgary might be the worst 3 game set ever 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Yeah, the stigma of the situation will get the PR dept to trade him - AG trade.  

58 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

we just don't know anything really. They may have brought the civil suit early because the evidence is really strong. Or not. No way to know until it all plays out. 

I thought the civil case usually happens after the criminal proceedings? 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I've been on multiple juries (I can't get even three freaking numbers on the 649 but for some reason, my name keeps appearing on jury duty summons :lol:!) I can tell you it's VERY hard to get 12 people to agree on anything (re: criminal cases vs civil cases).  VERY, VERY hard.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I thought the civil case usually happens after the criminal proceedings? 

really hard to say whats going on here - they could be pushing for discovery early if Jakes side isn't being cooperative. But thats just speculating, no one really knows why the timing is what it is or can read anything into it. 

• Cheers 1

This is a very interesting article about the Canucks’ upcoming offseason. Personally, it’s a lock we walk from Sutter, Baer, and possibly Edler. We have to re-sign OJ, Lind, Huggy Bear and Petey. All of which represent the present and the future of the team. It’s looking more like a watch and see approach from here on out tbh

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I've been on multiple juries (I can't get even three freaking numbers on the 649 but for some reason, my name keeps appearing on jury duty summons :lol:!) I can tell you it's VERY hard to get 12 people to agree on anything (re: criminal cases vs civil cases).  VERY, VERY hard.

My first trial as a juror was a murder case, and one involving an axe. We finished at 3pm. We had one holdout. The last juror needed to sleep on it so we were stuck in a hotel. When we went back to try to settle in the morning. We got everyone agreeing in 20 minutes. What I was surprised at is the judge asked us to determine sentencing. 

I just selected let the judge decide. But the judge averaged out our choices. We were done by 11 am. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1